The Design Assistant is responsible for supporting the Director of Women’s Design Concepts in developing product from approved design through turnover, including project tracking,
- Support Director of Women’s Design Concepts to ensure that all projects meet criteria outlined by VP of Design – aesthetics, pricing, timelines
- Responsible for all project based administrative tasks related to design development
- Maintain accurate line plan in PLM and manage product information in the system
- Support the team in keeping an organized workspace physically and systematically, including inventory management
- Partner with stone, engineering and purchasing department to source and order materials needed for design process
- Assist in creation of product spec sheets
- Assist in meeting prep for all design presentations
- Proficiency in InDesign, Word, Excel, Outlook, Photoshop, Illustrator is required. Other design software is a plus.
- Experience in Women’s jewelry design and/or Product Development is required.
- Highly organized, very detail oriented, and self-motivated.
- Creative aesthetic in keeping with that of the David Yurman brand.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in design or related field