Recognized as a fashion leader in the home arena, Kim Seybert maintains the highest standards in creativity, quality, and innovation. Our company sells to the most exclusive stores in the U.S. and around the world. We are looking for talented, motivated individual to assist the design team in our midtown NYC studio. This is a great opportunity to gain hands on experience by providing support to the team through different day to day activities. Our ideal candidate will have a degree in Fashion, Textile or Product Design. One year or more industry experience is a plus.
- Assist the designers with design and all related functions of the seasonal line development. This includes placemats, napkins, napkin rings, holiday décor, glassware, and decorative hard goods.
- Research markets to develop inspiration boards to determine trends in color, theme, and style.
- Communicate with overseas offices and factories for daily follow-up on sample development.
- Create and execute highly detailed technical packages for overseas factories and vendors.
- Assist in creating specification documents for overseas production of the goods.
- Help with the preparation and organization of photo shoots and props.
- Help with maintaining sample tracking charts and overseas packages.
- Help with day-to-day design administrative tasks.
- A minimum of 1 year work experience and a degree in BFA/BA/BS.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Suite Adobe CS, especially Excel, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Strong illustrative hand, painting skills & color sense.
- Detail oriented with high organization and time management skills.
- Must have strong verbal & written communication skills. Overseas experience is a plus.
- Hands on, team oriented individual with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Please send resume, samples sketches and cover letter to: hr @ kimseybert.com
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $40,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- New York, NY 10018: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Garment construction: 1 year (Preferred)
- Fashion design: 1 year (Preferred)
- Adobe Illustrator: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location