Design Assistant- Sweaters & Cold Weather Accessories
Our client, a popular fashion brand, is seeking a Design Assistant to join their team in New York!
This is a full-time hour contract role, with potential to go permanent.
Category: Sweaters & Cold Weather Accessories
- Support senior designer to achieve cohesive line building
- Creative and technical development of sweaters and cold weather accessories within merchandise assortment strategy
- Create detailed and accurate flat sketches and CADs at fast pace in Adobe Illustrator by using brush and fill skillfully
- Research seasonal trends, themes, color, raw materials, and styling
- Collaborate with Merchandising, Production, and Technical Design to achieve product execution and maintain design integrity.
- Create tech packs confidently in PLM for first protos, including accurate BOMs, measurements and sweater construction details
- Develop and counter source yarn and fabric/trim with sourcing partners.
- Develop color stories for sweaters and execute and manage color development in PLM
- Develop develop artwork for stripes, jacquard, intersia, fairisle, embroidery, embellishment etc. in Illustrator or Photoshop
- Approval of lab dips and fabric/yarn submits for cold weather accessories.
- Occasional travel for trade exhibitions, design research, and to supervise product development
- Attend fittings to achieve design intent
- 1-2 years Design experience & Apparel Design degree
- Proficiency in PLM, Illustrator, Photoshop, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Detail oriented, team player
- Technical sketching and CAD ability (flat) with understanding of sweater construction and eye for proportion and details. Need to have ability to create brush and fill.
- Working knowledge of sweater yarn, gauge and stitch construction
- Lab dip knowledge
- Organized-Creative- Trend Awareness
Please submit your Resume & Portfolio to apply!
You can use www.workgrades.com to collect and manage your references for free and share them with us or anyone else you choose. Candidates with references are always preferred by our clients. Now is the most important time to stand out from the crowd. We suggest that you ensure you have updated your LinkedIn profile and that you start collecting your references early.