Design Assistant - Tailored Wovens
Launched in 2002, alice + olivia by Stacey Bendet is a brand that allows customers to express their personal style. With clothing that juxtaposes the whimsical and flirty with the sexy and sophisticated, a+o epitomizes the personality and perspective of its founder, Stacey Bendet. The brand was born from Stacey's personal quest to create the perfect pair of pants, and has since grown into a full lifestyle collection including ready-to-wear, gowns, shoes, handbags accessories, and eyewear. The brand is a Hollywood favorite with celebrity fans including Gwyneth Paltrow, Sarah Jessica Parker, Michelle Obama, Jessica Alba, and Kourtney Kardashian.
alice + olivia by Stacey Bendet is available at the brand's thirty-five free-standing boutiques located in New York, Los Angeles, Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, East Hampton, Greenwich, Houston, Malibu, Manhasset, Miami, Orange County, San Francisco, Southampton, Washington D.C., Hong Kong, Tokyo, Kuwait, Dubai, Singapore, Shanghai, Doha, Taipei, Macau, Chengdu, Bangkok, and at aliceandolivia.com. alice + olivia is also available at over 800 select department and specialty stores worldwide, including Saks Fifth Avenue, Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, Net-a-Porter, Lane Crawford, Isetan, Hankyu, Harvey Nichols, Harrods, and Galeries Lafayette.
Job descriptionJOB DESCRIPTION
Role:Tailored Wovens Design Assistant
Team Lead:Senior Director of Design Studio
What you will do around here:
Assist in design and development processes for tailored product.
You can expect to...
- Work with tailored design team to interpret the seasonal mood, print and concepts into Alice and Olivia's monthly deliveries and bi-yearly classics capsule.
- Create illustrations/sketching by hand, do fashion cads on illustrator, photoshop and procreate, and create inspiration presentations based on original ideas and research.
- Create tech packs with the support of other members of the tailored design team. Learn about garment construction, use of luxury fabrics, silhouette, finishing, embellishments and trim.
- Communicate chosen designs to in-house pattern maker to ensure a high result and finish with support from other members of tailored design team.
- Develop design ideas into groups and stories.
- Create and manage the tailored team line sheet, ensuring it is accurate in its information, up to date based on feedback from sketch reviews/design meetings and clear in its presentation.
- Ensure timely development of line by adhering to time and action calendar, following up on individual tasks, styles and pending issues to ensure line continues to move forward.
- Researches new techniques, trends and construction methods for Woven's categories.
- Maintains communication with merchandising team to ensure product needs are accomplished.
- Work closely with Product Development team to launch tech packs and develop embroidered and embellished garments.
- Partner with the Soft Wovens teams, Knits & Sweaters Designers to ensure a cohesive collection across categories.
- Be able to work on overlapping seasons and storylines.
- Maintain a pulse on fashion, culture, art and lifestyle scene.
- Work on special projects such as magazine illustration requests, charity requests, and celebrity dress designs.
- 1-3 experience in design
- Bachelor's or advanced Degree in Fashion Design
- Proficiency in wovens garment construction, with an understanding of fabric, sewing and patternmaking. Must be able to convey the entirety of a design in your development tech pack
- Strong hand sketching skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Illustrator, Photoshop
To ensure success you must be...
To join our team you must have...
A positive enthusiastic attitude, the ability to manage multiple tasks at once, and a desire to learn more about garment construction.