Design Director, Calvin Klein Women’s Apparel
The Design Director is responsible for developing the Calvin Klein Women’s apparel line under the direction of the EVP Global Design.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Work with EVP of Global Design, SVP of Men’s Apparel, and the Womenswear design team to research and develop concept, color, fabrics, print and graphics, and hardware designs for women’s apparel product.
- Design concepts based on merchandising plan.
- Attend fittings and review prototypes.
- Convey all information to pertinent parties (Sourcing, Merchandising and Technical Design). Also responsible for communicating all necessary information for the technical packages.
- Prepares design presentations for review meetings.
- Ensures timely development of line by adhering to time and action calendar.
- Responsible for organizing relevant information (mill cards, files of Collections, etc.).
- Responsible for the management, selection and training of staff in conjunction with the EVP of Global Design.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- 7-10 years design experience with a specialization in woven and denim product.
- Familiarity with denim washes, construction, fabrications, and treatments
Education:Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design.
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills.
- Possess high fashion aesthetics.
- Flexible to travel.
PVH Corp. or its subsidiary ("PVH") is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications, consistent with applicable law and without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. In addition to complying with all applicable laws, PVH also has a strong corporate commitment to inclusion, diversity and to ensuring that all current and future PVH associates are compensated solely on job-related factors such as skill, ability, educational background, work quality, experience and potential. To achieve these goals, across the United States and its territories, PVH prohibits any PVH employee, agent or representative from requesting or otherwise considering any job applicant’s current or prior wages, salary or other compensation information in connection with the hiring process. Accordingly, applicants are asked not to disclose this salary history information to PVH