Design Director, Editorial And Campaign
For over a century, Neiman Marcus Group has served the unique needs of our discerning customers by staying true to the principles of our founders: to be the premier omni-channel retailer of luxury and fashion merchandise dedicated to providing superior service and a distinctive shopping experience in our stores and on our websites. Neiman Marcus Group is comprised of the Specialty Retail Stores division, which includes Neiman Marcus and Bergdorf Goodman, and our international brand, mytheresa.com. Our portfolio of brands offers the finest luxury and fashion apparel, accessories, jewelry, beauty, and home décor. The Company operates more than 40 Neiman Marcus full-line stores in the most affluent markets across the United States, including U.S. gateway cities that draw an international clientele. In addition, we operate 2 Bergdorf Goodman stores in landmark locations on Fifth Avenue in New York City. We also operate more than 40 Last Call by Neiman Marcus off-price stores that cater to a value oriented, yet fashion minded customer. Our upscale eCommerce and direct-to-consumer division includes NeimanMarcus.com, BergdorfGoodman.com Horchow.com, LastCall.com, and CUSP.com. Every day each of our 15,000 NMG associates works towards the goal of enabling our customer to shop any of our brands "anytime, anywhere, and on any device." Whether the merchandise we sell, the customer service we offer, or our investments in technology, everything we do is to enhance the customer experience across all channels and brands.
Job descriptionNEIMAN MARCUS GROUP
Neiman Marcus Group (NMG) has been the premier destination for luxury fashion and goods, superior service, and an elevated retail experience for more than a century. Today, 9,000 associates contribute to the success of NMG's brands: Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, Last Call, and Horchow. There are 38 full-line Neiman Marcus stores in cosmopolitan markets across the United States and a sophisticated digital platform that attracts shoppers worldwide. Bergdorf Goodman operates two stores in landmark locations on Fifth Avenue in New York City and BergdorfGoodman.com, catering to loyal luxury customers globally. NMG also owns five Last Call stores and Horchow.com, an e-commerce site that offers premium furniture and home decor.
As an organization, NMG is on a transformational journey to become the preeminent luxury customer platform. NMG continues to deliver the best integrated customer experience and has evolved the business to succeed in the ever-changing retail landscape. NMG is a relationship business. What differentiates the organization from other luxury retailers are its unique assets: a strong store footprint, the most knowledgeable associates, an engaging online experience, solid brand partnerships, innovative digital and in-store experiences, the most loyal luxury customer base, and a strong balance sheet.
Our customers will always be at the center of everything NMG does. The company continues to reinvest in new technologies that enhance the customer experience. NMG meets customers where they are. NMG's goal is to offer customers a seamless experience across its stores, online, and remote digital selling.
NMG's priority is to develop a highly engaged and high-performing team where everyone belongs. The business attracts and retains best-in-class talent through unique offerings provided to associates in addition to standard employer benefits. These include an innovative way of working, associate discounts on merchandise, tuition reimbursement, associate hardship fund, and paid time off to volunteer, to name a few.
As part of NMG's Environmental, Social, Governance (ESG) work, the organization is focused on driving its core value of being "All Heart." NMG is also assessing its current environmental and social impact while developing a three-year plan to lead the luxury industry in its commitment and transparency to environmental and social sustainability. NMG strives to become an employer of choice, driven by a culture of Belonging. A dedicated team focuses on this journey, directly impacting how NMG conducts business throughout the workforce, workplace, and marketplace dimensions.
NMG has incredibly passionate and committed corporate and store associates. NMG offers associates an environment where everyone feels welcomed, nurtured, and empowered. Our associates are the heart of NMG. As an organization, NMG leads with love - love for customers, love for associates, and love for brand partners.
The Design Director is instrumental in cultivating, supporting, and elevating the Neiman Marcus brand. They oversee a team of designers and design managers, who are responsible for executing content for our print, digital, social, and video marketing channels. The right candidate will be a strong and experienced manager and critical thinker, capable of ensuring their team delivers engaging design for a wide variety of projects. This person will oversee concepting for our seasonal campaigns and lead content development for print and digital channels.
- Leads Campaign Managers to generate ideas for seasonal concepts and storylines and ways to present the ideas to a wide audience.
- Leads design development for The Book, The Christmas Book, category mailers, and seasonal digital magazines, identifying opportunities for visual design expression and creative experiences as needed
- Leads the way we weave seasonal campaign messages into store visuals, video, and other supporting channels, and partnering with channel owners and creative teams to see the campaign through in execution.
- Partners closely with copy and art to craft omni-channel campaign concepts and supporting visuals
- Attend creative planning and strategy meetings to stay up to date on trends in fashion, news, pop culture, and beauty to better inform the team's projects.
- Experience leading a large creative team with a proven track record for success and growth.
- Minimum 10 years' experience crafting content for digital, social, video, and print.
- Agency experience essential; luxury/fashion experience preferred.
- Must demonstrate conceptual thinking ability through effective marketing ideas and creative concepts
- Must have strong creative portfolio, including video storytelling
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Must be able to communicate clearly and quickly to a wide audience of stakeholders and situations.
- Collaborative spirit, deriving energy from working with others, regardless of their function
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud and Microsoft 365