Who we are
Objects IV Life is a brand, reimagined through the eyes of an artist. Conceived and founded by Daniel Arsham, it draws on an artistic philosophy refined over decades to generate essential uniforms for a creative life. Part-laboratory, part-atelier, Objects IV Life seeks to radically reimagine the way that we get dressed. Combining deep research with conceptual thinking, the brand creates a new paradigm for personal style. With an ethos of radical optimism at its core, Objects IV Life believes that the clothes we wear each day harness the possibility of a better tomorrow. Through meticulous attention to process, purpose, and design, Objects IV Life reframes quotidian garments as a platform for positive innovation.
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for a highly creative and motivated Intern to join our Design team. You will be working in a small close-knit team to gain hands-on experience through the development of a collection from concept/research to final development of samples.
What your day to day will look like
- Assisting team in all aspects of design studio tasks, from concept building to sample development
- Assisting the patternmaker and sample-sewer in developing finishing’s, protos, seam trials, etc
- Fabric and trim sourcing for runway, production, and special projects
- Light hand and machine sewing on occasion
- Developing swatches, fabric treatments, and mock-ups
- Updating style boards and managing style folders
- Managing studio organization and upkeep
What do you need to succeed?
- A fashion design major
- Strong understanding of garment construction, machine and hand sewing, patternmaking, draping
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- You are highly motivated and proactive and you can work independently in a fast-paced, creative environment
- You love to be organized and have strong time-management skills
Please note this is a paid internship.
We strongly encourage people of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Tomorrow Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.