As a Design manager your primary function will be to manage and support the design team to deliver collections for Karen Millen across short and medium time frames on both local and export supply bases. This is to be completed with a clear understanding of the Karen Millen customer and to support the commercial targets and strategy of the design department and the brand.
We're Karen Millen. Since 1981 we've been a household name and trusted brand. We're known for elevated style and our reputation for fabric, finish, quality, and detail speaks for itself. Our love for fashion revolves around long-lasting, luxurious designs that can effortlessly slip into an established wardrobe at an attainable price point.
In the Design team, we make sure every brand has products they can be proud of. We design and influence everything the Group buys, so we're a vital part of each brand's identity. We're there when inspiration strikes, looking at research and future-trend forecasts to see what our customers want to buy. We want our brands to be trendsetters, and we're proud to be industry leaders with the freedom to shape our brands and push boundaries.
What you'll be doing
- Work with the Head of Design to set an inspiring vision for the future and effectively translate and communicate this to the teams.
- Deliver seasonal trend packs and identify in season trends. Is effective in driving these into the business.
- Has a broad eye for concept and can identify focused key items for the season, volume lines, colour palettes and print direction.
- Take responsibility for the design critical path in line with buying and marketing.
- Demonstrate an in-depth, customer focused knowledge of the market and trends.
To succeed here, you have to love working at pace. It's relentless, but we love it. Change is a certainty - you need to adapt and be agile. We want you to challenge the status quo, innovate and be open to trying new things. We're always pushing boundaries. We empower our people, giving them freedom and autonomy to learn and grow in their roles. We're passionate, agile, creative and one team.
More about you
- Comfortable working at pace. Agility is something you pride yourself on.
- Proven experience within a previous design role, with management experience.
- A team player. Someone who enjoys going above and beyond to support others in the team where needed, especially during peak times.
- For fashion, we never follow trends; we set them. Are you a trend leader?
We want you to challenge the status quo, innovate and be open to trying new things. We're always pushing boundaries. We want you to think big. Think creativity. Be bold. Be brave.
Why join us
We've set our sights on dominating the global e-commerce fashion market, and because we're 13 brands (and counting), there are plenty of opportunities to grow your career. Our mission is to create a workplace where everyone is respected, their individual differences are valued, and they can be themselves at work without exception.
- You'll get the opportunity to take part in our various share schemes
- Core hours enable you to flex your working times around your needs on an ad hoc basis
- Benefits that support your health and wellbeing
- There's up to 40% discount off our all of our brands
- Our social calendar? Next level
- With HQs in Manchester and London and offices across the globe, we offer a buzzing atmosphere and the boohoo family culture wherever you work