Design Manager - Store Space Innovation - 12 Month Ftc
Job descriptionDesign Manager - Store Space Innovation - 12 Month FTC
Selfridges has always been much more than a shop. We're a social space where everyone is welcome and feels a sense of belonging, a creative playground where culture and commerce collide, and an experimental hub where you can discover the most innovative and sustainable ideas in retail. We're here to help make the world brighter. And you can be an important part of this. We'll talk more about the role below, but before we get to that, let's share with you the good stuff...
Rewards and benefits
Life at Selfridges is dynamic, exciting, and always evolving. As well as working with some of the most cutting-edge, iconic and boundary-pushing brands, designers and creatives, we also offer our team members opportunities to help make a positive difference through our network of communities, both within and outside Selfridges. Here are just a few of our rewards and benefits that help make our team experience that bit more extraordinary.
- Flexible working options to benefit you, your family and your wellbeing that can include part-time, flexi-time, job sharing or hybrid working
- Generous annual leave that increases with length of service
- Up to five paid volunteering days - from beach cleans to co-ordinating food and clothing donations
- Family leave that suits your set up including Maternity, Paternity, Adoption, Surrogacy and Shared Parental leave policies
- Defined pension contribution scheme
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Enviable team member discount including sale previews and double discount days
- Exclusive local discounts on a range of restaurants, bars, beauticians and entertainment
- Subsidised gym memberships
- Annual travel pass and cycle-to-work schemes
- A sustainable car salary sacrifice scheme
- Several internal communities to get involved in from our Diversity Board and Green Warriors who are leading the charge on D,E&I and sustainability, to the Wellbeings who are always thinking of new ways to champion healthy minds, bodies and routines for our team members
- Workplace Options, our confidential team member assistance programme for when life gets tricky or you need a little guidance
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development
Read on to find out how you can play your part in Reinventing Retail...
A key role within the Store space innovation team that plays a vital part of the
creative driving force within the physical space at Selfridges. Working closely with
the Store space innovation Senior Manager and the wider creative teams in the
business the Design Manager will plan, produce and install exceptional project
delivery across all stores, which assists in promoting our brand positioning and vision
and purpose to provide our customers with extraordinary experiences.
We are looking for an experienced Design Manager who will consistently drive and maintain
world-class standards. With a hand's on approach and flexible management style we are
looking for a person that has the following skills:
- The ability to manage assorted projects simultaneously and independently.
- Managing relationships with internal teams, brands, contractors & suppliers
- Effective & efficient communication with line manager on current focus, priorities and current workload.
- Role models company values and principles
As a Design Manager, you will also be responsible for:
- Leads by example - promotes and sets standards which meet our values and guiding principles.
- Seek to continually raise the benchmark and improve standards through ongoing development, coaching and performance management of themselves
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures, e.g. absences, time and attendance and holidays, etc.
- Have a good understanding of new production techniques and materials to ensure we are always pushing the boundaries and communicating this to the wider creative community
- Supports the store space innovation team on all expenditure, including, expenses, invoices, purchase orders. Maintaining all trackers for schemes and projects.
- Working on the practical realisation of projects.
- Liaising with suppliers to resolve all elements of build & achieving a high level of finish on all projects and ensuring smooth delivery of installations.
- Consider both the internal and external customer in all activities.
- Looks for and introduces ways to improve efficiency
- Adheres to H & S standards, policies and procedures
- Contributing to the upkeep of trackers for Store Space Innovation
- Ensuring the Purchase Order & tracker system is adhered to for all orders
- Manage invoice sign off & any discrepancies in ordering process
- Great planning, time management, prioritising and organisational skills
- Ability to work as an individual and part of a team
- Creative understanding & ability to translate this into practical solutions
- Good communication skills and the ability to connect with different levels of the business
- Managing timelines & budgets to deliver projects on time & budget
Everyone is welcome
Selfridges is a place where we want everyone to feel a sense of belonging. We embrace every self and are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive working culture. We are leading with purpose to not only increase the visibility and recognition of under-represented talent within our organisation, but the wider industry too. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all.
Our awards cabinet
We're not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World's Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign. We were also recognised as a 'Best 25 Big Company to Work For 2020' as awarded by The Sunday Times.