Design Studio Manager
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE, Inc.'s storytellers, Marketing and Communication sets the brand tone. A creative force of specialists tell Nike’s stories of innovation and sport through advertising, brand strategy, digital engagement and product presentation. Using channels ranging from retail stores to social media, Marketing & Communication teams connect the science and art of Nike innovations to the hearts and minds of athletes around the world.
The NA Retail Design Studio Manager (DSM) is a strategic, motivated, positive team leader who is a steward of the team, the Brand, and the business. The studio manager ensures the studio runs effectively, efficiently and healthfully. The DSM drives, implements, and leads Design process, solves problems and prioritizes amongst multiple and often-times competing priorities. A leader who drives the energy, focus and organizational horsepower to manage Design operations excellence and enable creative breathing space.WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- The Studio Manager is highly organized, efficient and results oriented
- An authority in managing and tracking creative projects and account management, balancing tactical needs of creative delivery with the communication skills required to handle client desires and realities
- Experienced in studios designing retail spaces with an understanding of construction process
- Strong leader who is nimble, resilient, and empathetic
- Has a passion for Sport & Culture
- Ability to lead, collaborate, and effectively manage internal and external partners
- Working knowledge of retail design and development process
Ensures studio goals and priorities align with retail business strategies and brand plans. Identify needs of the team and areas to advance efficiency and collaboration. Works closely with operations and creative teams to ensure retail design direction and standards are aligned.
- Partnering with Ops partners, drive clarity around the brief and briefing process
- Traffic management to strategically help determine priorities, workload, internal studio timelines, resource availability, OO and risks.
- Project budget oversight; ensure design deliverables align with given budgets
- Staffing, resource and workload management (analysis, planning and forecasting); Addresses needs and challenges to ensure project demands are met, team has appropriate skill mix (internally and externally).
- Onboard FTE and ETW Designers; including managing and tracking hardware allocated to Design
- Establish ways of working and contracts with external resources
- Manage studio environment/spaces, ensure functionality and foster collaboration.
- Advance and nurture studio culture of creativity (build team engagement activities and action plans, training/skill development programs).
- Responsible for high-level communication, written and verbal, both internally and externally.
- You will work closely with all creative contributors within your studio, ensuring our work is delivered on time, within scope and on brief
- You will partner with creative producers, defining scope of delivery of creative and presenting budget and timelines in partnership with project managers.
- Your primary cross-functional business partners include NA Retail Concept Leads, Retail Brand Marketing Leads, NA Retail Space Planners, Retail Design Producers and Project Managers, and cross studio Design Directors
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business, Marketing, Merchandising, or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years in fields directly related to creative workstream management (includes projects within creative concepts, design, retail, and digital)
- Prior success and experience delivering multifaceted retail creative projects
- Expertise in the real-world demands of delivering outstanding creative in service to brand marketing objectives
- Working knowledge and understanding of the following tools, Smartsheet, Airtable, Microsoft office, Adobe Creative Suite
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.