Designer 1, Apparel - Run & Track And Field
Under Armour has one mission: to make you better. We have a commitment to innovation that lies at the heart of everything we do, not just for our athletes but also for our teammates. As a global organization, our teams around the world push boundaries and think beyond what is expected. Together our teammates are unified by our values and are grounded in our vision to inspire you with performance solutions you never knew you needed but can't imagine living without.
Apparel Designer I will be responsible for assisting the design team as they bring the vision of product to life. The Apparel Designer I will also work with other designers, product managers and developers. Under Armour offers a work environment that is collaborative and team oriented. We are an authentic brand that pushes the envelope every day; innovation is a key part of our success. We are looking for a Designer who is willing to learn and develop a strong point of view built on inspirations and ideas.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Be the key partner in helping create brand identity and distinctive offerings to the Category with a creative and current design vision.
- Support Design Team by presenting a collection story to our customers under aggressive timelines.
- Develop and execute clear and detailed technical sketches for Sourcing / Development to manage.
- Interact cross functionally with PLM's, Sourcing, Developers, Graphic team, Print team, trim team, and Materials on seasonal line development, including Fit Sessions.
- Manage merchandising pages and own color management of the line.
- Ensure processes are up-to-date and being held to UA standards.
- Build presentation files
- Be a positive and pro-active team member
- Exceptional skills in hand & computer illustration
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Solid understanding of garment construction and textiles, including price points and merchandising needs.
- 3+ years of apparel design related experience, working in the sports industry highly preferred
- BA or BFA in Design preferred not required
- Location:This individual must reside within commuting distance from our global headquarters in Baltimore, MD.
- Return To Work Designation:2 days a week in-office, the remainder of work week remote.
- Relocation may be provided up to a specified amount
Learn more about Under Armour's COVID-19 response and Teammate vaccination policieshere.