Designer 1, Color - Apparel
Under Armour has one mission: to make you better. We have a commitment to innovation that lies at the heart of everything we do, not just for our athletes but also for our teammates. As a global organization, our teams around the world push boundaries and think beyond what is expected. Together our teammates are unified by our values and are grounded in our vision to inspire you with performance solutions you never knew you needed but can’t imagine living without.
Position SummaryWe are searching for aDesigner 1, Color – Apparelto focus on and elevate Color Design. Working closely with Design leadership, he/she/they will provide support in building palettes, strategy, and color application across multiple apparel categories. We’re looking for an enthusiastic and collaborative designer who is dialed into color, trends, sport culture and can support from concept through execution.
Essential Duties & ResponsibilitiesInclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work collaboratively with Color Design leadership and respective team members to help produce brand relevant color palettes and application that reflect Under Armour’s DNA.
- Gather, prepare, and present conceptual ideas.
- Demonstrate flexibility/adaptability, organizational skills, and the ability to multi-task.
- Support color design application and reviews for multiple categories.
- Provide product conceptualization and alternatives that meet the needs of the product as outlined by product merchandising and the product brief.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Attention to detail and experience multitasking and working under tight deadlines.
- Passion every day to design compelling and cutting-edge product.
- Solid understanding of construction and materials; preferably well versed in manufacturing techniques.
- Strong taste level when it comes to color theory, color application and trends.
- Strong presentation skills and comfortable working with a group.
- Must be detail oriented, able to prioritize tasks and to successfully meet multiple deadlines
- BA, BFA or BS in Color, Apparel, Graphic or Industrial Design
- 2-5+ years of experience preferred
- Advanced user of Adobe Creative Suite
- Location: This position is location InBaltimore, MD
- Return to Work Designation: 2 days in officeRelocation
- Relocation may be provided up to a specified amount