Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”
About the Job:
We are seeking a talented, motivated digital-first Graphic Designerto collaborate with our creative team on design for our marketing channels. You will develop designs for paid and organic channels across social, CRM, growth marketing, email, and websites. This role requires a highly creative and imaginative individual who can operate within the framework of our style and brand guidelines to produce original, provocative, and engaging visual content. Our ideal candidate has a strong portfolio of successful design work, a bachelor's degree in graphic design, and comprehensive, expert-level knowledge of Figma, Adobe Suite, and related design software.
What You’ll Do:
- Engage with the Art Director & Lead Designer during project briefs to ensure a unified, customer-centric and brief-aligned approach to visual solutions
- Collaborate with team members to ensure key information is incorporated into designs
- Work within brand and style guidelines, deliver novel visual solutions that support larger campaign and channel goals
- Leverage channel best practices, data and performance insights to deliver effective visual approaches and assets
- Create specialized assets for use on social media, in creative tests, or wherever necessary
- Collaborate with brand, integrated marketing, growth and creative peers to optimize designs for business performance
- Communicate and present design ideas clearly and concisely with a desire for feedback and input from others at key project milestones
- 3+ years of experience in design for in-house brands or agencies
- A foundational understanding of design and typography principles, layout and best practices across digital, UI/UX, print, and a desire to continually strengthen that understanding.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design preferred
- Portfolio review of successful design work required
- Ability to work under tight deadlines with high quality output and attention to detail
- Comprehensive knowledge of design software, including Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and Figma
- Animation skills are a plus
- English fluency required
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - our corporate employees have the option to work remotely 3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
COVID-19 VACCINE REQUIREMENT:
RTR is requiring all US corporate employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 in order to work in person, unless an employee requires a reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons. If you believe that you may require an accommodation, please apply for any roles that interest you and if hired, you will receive information on how to request a reasonable accommodation after your start date. RTR will evaluate all such requests in accordance with Company policy and applicable law.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
The anticipated base salary for this position is $78,000 - $98,000. The actual base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held.