Designer 2, Apparel - Golf
At Under Armour, we are committed to empowering those who strive for more, and the company's values - Act Sustainably, Celebrate the Wins, Fight on Together, Love Athletes and Stand for Equality - serve as both a roadmap for our teams and the qualities expected of every teammate.
Our Values define and unite us, the beliefs that are the red thread that connects everyone at Under Armour. Our values are rallying cries, reminding us why we're here, and fueling everything we do.
Our pursuit of better begins with innovation and with our team's mission of being the best. With us, you get the freedom to go further - no matter your role. That means developing, delivering, and selling the state-of-the-art products and digital tools that make top performers even better.Purpose of Role
We are searching for aDesigner II
to help elevate UA Golf Apparel. TheDesigner II – Golf
will focus on designing the Golf Apparel lines and will have access to the latest technologies and innovations. This is an opportunity to be part of a great success story.Your Impact
- Work directly under Design Manager to design and manage multiple product platforms that answers product and merchandising brief, price point and margin target. Collaborate with cross-functional design partners on signature, amp pack and special collections
- Develop and execute clear and detailed sketches, technical packages, and bill of materials
- Work within an integrated team of design, development, and product line management; act as key point of contact at pod meetings, lab dip approvals and fittings. Make key decisions related to product and procedures
- Lead creation and presentation of category content (merch pages, decks, mood boards, trim and fabric boards)
- Present work to leadership at key milestone meetings including style design review and go to market; present regularly to cross functional partners at design check points
- Oversee design and color updates; flat sketches, techpacks and bill of materials
- Influence category policies and procedures related to design
- Mentor and coach junior level teammates
- BA, BFA or BS in Apparel, Graphic or Industrial Design
- 5+ years of experience; Industry experience preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Passion every day to design compelling and cutting-edge product.
- Ability to understand construction and materials; preferably versed in manufacturing techniques.
- Ability to express concepts and ideas through sketching.
- Presentation skills and comfortable working with a group.
- Must be detail oriented, able to prioritize tasks and to successfully meet multiple deadlines
- Location: This individual must reside within commuting distance from our global HQ office in Baltimore, MD.
- Return to Work Designation: 3 week in-office (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday), the remainder of work week remote.
- Travel: 10-20%
Relocation may be provided up to a specified amountBase Compensation
$76,602.00 - $105,327.20 USD
Most new hires fall within this range and have the opportunity to earn more over time. Initial placement within the salary range, however, is based on an individual's relevant knowledge, skills and experience for the position. UA is committed to helping our teammates succeed and advance in their careers. Base salary is only one component of our competitive Total Rewards package.Benefits & Perks
- Paid "UA Give Back" Volunteer Days: Work alongside your team to support initiatives in your local community.
- Under Armour Merchandise Discounts
- Competitive 401(k) plan matching.
- Maternity and Parental Leave for eligible and FMLA-eligible teammates
- Health & fitness benefits, discounts and resources- We offer teammates across the country programs to promote physical activity and overall well-being.
Want more details about benefits? Visit our pagehereOur Commitment to Diversity
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, family or paternal status and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities upon request.