Designer Job Posting / May 2022
Tender Loving Empire operates 6 brick-and-mortar stores in the greater Portland area, an internationally distributed record label - Tender Loving Empire Records - and an ecommerce site at tenderlovingempire.com. We curate a collection of handmade goods and music from hundreds of independent makers for people who want to support their creative community, surround themselves with beauty, and live wholehearted. TLE has been part of the creative community in Portland since 2007 with a simple, three-part mission statement: empower and support creatives, enrich and fulfill employees, and delight and inspire patrons. We truly believe when you live wholehearted you go after your dreams and help others succeed in theirs; you understand that small businesses keep our communities from being boring, homogenous, impersonal, money-over-people type places.
Applying to work at Tender Loving Empire is a choice to support hundreds of makers, musicians and small businesses. Together we can make our communities more vibrant, creative, compassionate and connected.
We are looking for a mid-level designer with strong layout and illustration skills to assist our Art Director on various design projects. On a daily basis you will be working on a variety of projects - from reformatting product photos for our website, to helping out with album design for the artists on our record label. The person in this role needs to be a team player who is able to work on multiple types of projects in a fast-paced and evolving environment.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assisting the Art Director on various design needs.
- Collaborates with Marketing Manager to design marketing materials: email, web graphics, advertisements, posters, store signage.
- Implementing designs for email into Klaviyo.
- Reformatting photos and graphics for our website.
- Helping with design for TLE Records - including album design, print production for LPs and merch, tour posters, etc.
- Assisting with creating illustrations for the products we sell in our stores.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Degree in design or equivalent
- 2-3 years of experience in a design position
- Well versed in Adobe CS (especially InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator)
- Strong layout + typography skills
- Keen eye for detail
- Strong communication + problem-solving skills
- Positive with good multi-tasking skills and organization
- Product design
- Knowledge of print production
- Experience working with email design in Klaviyo (or similar platform)
- Must submit a portfolio of work to be considered for this role
Compensation & Benefits:
- Generous employee discount at TLE stores
- Medical & Dental Benefits
- Healthiest You - additional health advice benefit for PT and FT employees
- HSA account via some health insurance options
- Oregon Saves account access
- Working with a group of kind, hard-working, hilarious, value-driven, talented humans :)
Powered by JazzHR