*A strong portfolio is very important*Looking for someone that can do CADs specifically*
*Licensing and Character experience is a HUGE Plus* Boys experience is a Huge plus but Not required.
What you'll do:
Objectives of this Role
• Assist in executing and maintaining the seasonal fabric and trim charts.
• Work closely with Design for approval comments and feedback on product development.
• Communicate daily with vendors on samples, strike-offs, lab dips, and art cropping.
• Manage licensed submissions and maintain product status tracker with approval/ comments.
• Create and maintain monthly line sheets using Adobe Illustrator.
• Assist in creating/revising FMAs (Final Mechanical Art) files for production and sending them out to the vendor.
• Create and maintain monthly BOMs (Bill of Materials) for production.
• Maintain organized records and archives of all development samples, PP samples, TOP samples, strike offs, trims, lab dips, and fabrics.
• Maintain product status report for the design team.
• Assist in creating technical CADs to pass to the Tech Design team.
• Support Designer in attending future fit sessions and keeping detailed notes.
• Proactively stay up-to-date with market trends.
• Jump in as needed to support the team with day-to-day creative requests.
• Bachelor’s degree in Fashion/Apparel Design or similar discipline.
• 2+ years of experience in Apparel Design, within Children’s Apparel preferred.
• Exceptional creativity and innovative design skills.
• Strong technical skills with an impeccable eye for trends aligned to the brand.
• Exceptional skills with the Adobe Creative Suite including Illustrator and Photoshop, Google Suite, and Microsoft Office Suite.
• Superior knowledge of fabrication, silhouettes, colorways, construction techniques, and trim.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Detail-oriented and solutions-focused.
• A “no task is too small” attitude willing to jump in as needed to support the team with day-to-day creative.
- Strong proficiency in the following programs;
*BOM Experience is a plus!*