Develop seasonal product concepts based on thorough trend and competitive research and overall creative direction. Manage seasonal product design execution for the business classification to achieve overall creative and business objectives. This includes fabric and trim selection, styling, color, textile design, and fit.
- Research, interpret and apply market trends appropriate to the brand.
- Manage creative and technical development of product within the merchandise assortment strategies.
- Develop technical sketches for new products.
- Partner with PD to review all prototype samples for construction, silhouette, fit, and trim details.
- Collaborate with Design and Merchandising team to achieve product execution and maintain design integrity.
- Manage, develop and approve seasonal pattern work, trims and washes and/or materials.
- Identify and handoff BOM to Product Developers.
- Attend Product Fittings and address fit issues to maintain the design integrity and ensure the fit is brand appropriate.
- Develop and coach Associate and/or Assistant Designers.
- Manage and execute product presentations.
- Develop and maintain strong partnerships with internal and external partners.
- Maintain fiscal responsibility.
- Execute within seasonal calendar schedules.
- Industrial, apparel or fashion design degree or equivalent experience.
- 5-7 years of successful product design and development experience.
- Proven design expertise within, or related to, the classification/category.
- Proven ability to manage, coach and develop others.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that are required by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
· While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; as well as reach with hands and arms.
· The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to work in open environment with fluctuating temperatures and standard lighting.
- Ability to work on computer and mobile phone for multiple hours; with frequent interruptions.
- Required to travel in elevator or stairwells to attend meetings and engage with associates on multiple floors throughout building.
- Hotel, Airplane, and Car Travel may be required.