Job Description: SUMMARY:
We are looking for a designer to join us at Gina Group. This is a great opportunity for those looking to be a part of an energetic, creative, and collaborative group. Our designers have been shaping our department for the better season after season.
• This role will be responsible for development from research and conception through to final production phase. Responsible to bring a line from start to finish
• Creation of inspiring cads and packaging designs for our in-house brands and private label projects
• Organizes samples, swatch libraries and cads accordingly with in our systems
• Ability to work with and create new and existing prints and cads from start to finish
• Generates style #’s using PLM
• Develops clear technical packages including specs for overseas factories
• Works across multiple product categories • The designer should be comfortable to tackle projects in multiple areas of the business and enjoy problem solving and presenting design solutions effectively
• Apply trends and functional design skills
• Demonstrates a strong passion for creative design as well as efficiently updates existing designs
• Creates brand-right, customer-right, compelling, commercial designs that reflect the conceptual direction and business strategy from Director and sales team
• Adapts and revises designs based on feedback, incorporating for finalization and buy plans
• Achieve set goals with acute attention-to-detail, tracking progress and anticipating potential issues
• Meets deadlines for all projects
• Prepares materials for meetings and presentations
• Embraces opportunities to personally grow and develop skills and competencies
• Ability to self-motivate to enhance creative and technical skills of self and team
• Minimum 4 years of design experience in a highly creative/innovative environment
• Portfolio that demonstrates packaging and branded designs with an aesthetic relevant to our industry
• Professional skill level with design software particularly Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
• Strong communication, organizational and problem-solving skills
• Must be a team player and excel in a fast-paced environment
• Collaborative partner with a can do attitude
• Highly motivated, passionate and results oriented
• Upholds personal professionalism and accountability
• Perform other related duties as assigned by management to support the department’s business needs.
• Understand and follow Gina’s employee policies and procedures.
BENEFITS & PERKS:
• Competitive Pay
• Generous PTO and paid holidays
• Comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance plans
• 401K and Profit Sharing Plan
• Commuter Benefit Plan
• Early Fridays
• Professional training
• Team building and Company events
• 4 days onsite; 1 day work from home (until further notice)
Gina Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
ABOUT GINA GROUP:
Gina Group is an industry-leading wholesale fashion apparel and accessories company specializing in design, manufacturing, and distribution to retail markets. Categories include footwear, hosiery, cold weather, intimate apparel, handbags, small leather goods, tech accessories, home goods, and more across a multitude of national brands. Gina has been supplying retail markets with kids, juniors, misses, and men’s products for over 35 years and continues to keep pace with the ever-changing retail landscape.
Visit us at www.ginagroup.com to learn more about us.
$55,000 - $65,000