Designer, Apparel - Golf
SPEED & SPIRIT is what we look for in our candidates, defined by some simple values that inspire us to BE DRIVEN in our performance, BE VIBRANT in our sporting legacy, BE TOGETHER in our team spirit, and BE YOU to let our individual talent and experience shine. Applying for a job at PUMA is easy and all genders are welcome. Simply click APPLY ONLINE and follow the steps to upload your application.
- This role supports the COBRA PUMA GOLF brand located in Carlsbad, CA.
- Work closely with director to create advanced concepts through sketching and rendering
- Develop complete tech packs in coordination with the design and development teams, including detailed specifications, fabrications, and technical drawings.
- Own life cycle from sketch; tech pack creation, fit approvals from proto to final pp size set approval for multiple product lines.
- Manage fit sessions with Design and Product Development; maximize fit session productivity and schedule follow-up fits for corrections as needed
- Be able to accurately assess garments for fit, spec, and shape; measure samples, create specs, finalize grading, identify issues & give thorough information to make complete corrections with Asia factories.
- Maintain strong understanding of fit and construction standards to ensure brand consistency and quality as well as keeping up with new and innovative apparel trends.
- Resolve and communicate fit and construction issues via proper channels (PLM, Design, Development) to suppliers with a high sense of urgency
- Experience interpreting design intent, offering alternative solutions, and acting as a technical resource
- Recommending pattern or construction adjustments to achieve desired aesthetic, fit, and quality standards
- Keep all backend; data and color / graphic management systems well organized.
- BA Degree in Fashion Design
- 5+ years of technical design experience in the apparel industry
- Knowledge of performance, sportswear, and lifestyle consumer
- Strong technical apparel background with excellent drawing, rendering and presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills coupled with a pro-active, team-based personality.
- Strong leadership skills. High initiative, high energy, passionate, decisive, eye for detail, confident.
- Show self-motivation, maturity, drive, and the desire to learn and grow professionally.
- Ability to take direction and be proactive in a fast-paced design environment.
- Excellent use of designer & product creation tools: Adobe Suite of products (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- 3D program skills a plus
The Hiring range base pay for this position is $62,700 - $87,140 + Bonus + Benefits (https://about.puma.com/en/careers/locations)
Pay may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
PUMA supports over 19,000 employees across 120+ countries. The PUMA Group owns the brand PUMA, Cobra Golf and stichd, and is headquartered in Herzogenaurach, Germany.
PUMA is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of PUMA to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender, physical or mental disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.