Designer Apparel - Golf
- This role will be key member of an experienced design team working alongside the accessories and footwear teams to build a cohesive Adidas golf collection. You'll utilize your advanced design skills to create original, innovative designs that appropriately reflect Adidas design philosophy and standards and help adidas Golf hit its mission of being the most progressive golf brand in the world.
- Immediate design responsibilities include leading womens category, with potential opportunities to work cross category as needed.
- Proficient in complete design process from inspiration to finalized tech pack hand off.
- Provide all finished design related materials for presentations and collateral (includes Illustrator CAD drawings, print artwork files, color application, and completed tech packs with material/trim call-outs and constructions).
- Assist with inspirational imagery that meets the requirements of the global product brief and is inline with the design strategy for each season.
- Well versed in live fittings and reviews for each proto round.
- Partner closely with Senior Design Manager, Design Director and Product Marketing team to help shape the category offering.
- Confidently present category ideas to Design team, Marketing team, and other internal groups that displays a cohesive design approach.
- Communicate with clarity and knowledge to all necessary cross functional teams to maintain close working relationships.
- Understand and follow seasonal calendar and process.
- Support, inspire, energize and challenge your immediate design team and cross functional counterparts.
- Study and interpret market conditions and trends from a design perspective as related to golf and share with design leadership team, marketing team and development team in a dynamic way.
- Actively research trade publications/style analysis, trade fairs, online design tools, sports events, market visits, store checks to inspire and promotes future thinking.
- General interest in fashion, golf, and sportswear market/trend.
- Product Marketing
- Product Development
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals and guidelines.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Fashion Design degree and relevant work experience in the branded performance apparel industry
- An in-depth knowledge of apparel design and understanding of color theory, materials, and construction
- Exhibit mid-level understanding of technology, innovation, performance function
- Must be fully proficient in Adobe CC design suite, emphasis on Adobe Illustrator
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Suite, ie. Teams, Excel, Word, Powerpoint
- Graphic design, textile print and 3D design experience a plus
- An understanding of the golf industry and/or an interest in the sport of golf
5-8 years of related experience