VENUS is a leading women’s fashion brand offering clothing, swimwear, and lingerie in sizes 2-24. Founded in 1984 and headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, VENUS’ unique products inspire Fun. Sexy. Style. and help our customers to make an impression in every moment of their lives.
The CAD Designer is responsible for…
- Create new print artwork
- Recolor existing/purchased artwork
- Create production ready repeats
- Resize/scale artwork based on Design comments
- Upload final artwork to Dropbox to send to vendors
- Format and upload approved artwork to Fedex or Venus server for printing + coordinate with Marketing point person for in-house printing
- Create graphics
- Create embroidery/beading artwork
- Acts as liaison between Design/Fabric/Sourcing and freelance to communicate artwork needs + comments from Design, send artwork files, answer questions; Create print pass off packages for freelancers to kick off
- Export jpeg of finalized artwork for use in presentations, tech packs, and Print Package ppt
- Create 11x17 jpeg of repeat mockup in correct colorway(s) for Design to create mini bodies; Create folder for repeat jpegs and send link to Design
- Create print codes for approved prints
- Create print scale images for use in tech pack For each print, create main page with print code, image of print, image of pantones, and dropbox link
- Send all Print Package PPTs to vendors
- Send images to Legal Dept for approval
- Communicate with legal team on all graphic approvals. Be a liaison between design, sourcing and legal team
- Calendarize pass dates for chart to and from Design
- Other duties may be assigned
- Significant knowledge and experience with printing techniques and garment construction/ manufacturing processes.
- Strong computer and graphic skills with a deep working knowledge, NedGraphics, Procreate, including Adobe Illustrator and/or Photoshop, Excel, Microsoft Office, Web PDM or other software-based specification system.
- High in CAD skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, to ensure clarity with vendors and manufacturers in all aspects of the design and manufacturing process.
- Ability to influence and make decisions across geographies in a matrix environment where speed and cultural sensitivity is crucial.
- Ability to proactively solve problems and effectively manage multiple challenges in a self-sufficient manner, without acting independently.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and time management capabilities.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Willingness to assist as needed in the department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in CAD Design, Apparel Manufacturing, Design, or equivalent, with 4+ years’ experience overall, in Fashion Development Design, including 3D Design.
- 2+ years of experience in CAD Design working for a women’s apparel brand preferred.