Designer - Children's Division
New York, NY, USAPosted 2 days ago
- The Designer is responsible for leading the creation of seasonal lines and delivering innovative, brand right products and solutions that support strategic initiatives. They will interpret the creative direction for seasonal product assortments. The Designer will manage the process to achieve the aesthetic objectives (both product and merchandising) and ensure all timelines and processes are met.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for leading the design and development, research, and presentation of ideas to continually fuel the creative process while supporting commercial concept needs; creates and communicates the seasonal designs, color palette, prints and patterns.
- Conduct in-depth trend research to maintain a high level of relevancy and develop seasonal product lines.
- Build consensus with team to determine the direction of products, follow line plan needs.
- Produce accurate flat sketches and create tech packs that clearly propose proportion, detail, fit and thorough design intention.
- Work closely with the Director of technical design to develop and approve preliminary tech packs that fit appropriate cost targets and brand aesthetic.
- Track adherence to T&A calendar and processes; report all updates/issues on all product.
- Ongoing communication with Factory Partners and Cross Functional Team to ensure top quality and appropriate aesthetic.
- Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop Proficiency for sketches & cad work
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite: PowerPoint, Excel & Word
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor’s Degree from a 4-year college or university
- 3-5 years of experience in Children’s Apparel Design
- Knowledge of sewing techniques, garment construction, fitting
- Strong flat sketching in Illustrator and experience recoloring prints in Photoshop a plus
- Follow the execution of all product details, beyond form, fit and performance, including construction, color, style, detail and cost/value requirements
- High level of organizational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills
- Ability to self-manage and handle multiple priorities
- Experience working directly with overseas factories a plus