Designer, CK & DK Handbags
GIII Apparel Group is currently seeking a Designer to join its Calvin Klein & Donna Karan Handbags team based in New York City!
- Research current trends and forecast evolution on said trends within brand identity
- Apply findings from research (including blog, magazine, store, street-style, vintage exploration) to a seasonally relevant, cohesive collection that is well balanced in fabrication and thoroughly merchandised
- Communicate seasonal concept/design intent to factories - request preliminary treatments + mock-ups
- Attend vendor meetings and work on product concepts with Trim Team – follow trim full cycle to production
- Generate tech-packs with clear silhouette, garment construction, and trim information to overseas factories
- Evaluate collection standing and sketch + refabricate to support seasonal objectives within line plan/SKU count
- Exaggerate visual cues to reinforce concept + transcribe amplified garments to runway program with stylist
- Support Collection to Production Support Collection to Production
- Follow garment to production with Trim Buyer + Production Managers – ensuring correct development + color allocation applied to each body
- Field Merchandising Requests
- 5+ years of Industry experience (including retail, wholesale, pattern drafting + draping, print design.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Design
- Handbag experience a must
- Action oriented
- Timely decision making
- Functional/Technical skills
- Learning on the fly
- Detail oriented
- Flexible - team player
- Keen eye for color and materials
- Ability to hand sketch and draw on computer
- Ability to identify trends and create trend and mood boards
- Strong understanding of handbag market, competitive landscape and consumer.
- Ability to cad and spec handbags
- Strong understanding of handbag construction.
- Ability to create brand right, commercial bags
- PLM experience a plus
About G-III Apparel Group, Ltd. | www.g-iii.com
G-III excels at bringing excitement and confidence to customers through the fashion we create. We are global experts in design, sourcing, manufacturing, distribution and marketing, which enables us to fuel the growth of a substantial portfolio of brands. With more than 30 licensed and owned brands, including some of the most sought-after names in global fashion, our success is driven by our team’s entrepreneurial spirit and our deep relationships across the industry.
G-III’s owned brands include DKNY, Karl Lagerfeld Paris, Donna Karan, Vilebrequin, Sonia Rykiel, G.H. Bass, Bass Outdoor, Andrew Marc, Eliza J., GIII Sports and more. G-III has fashion licenses under the Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Cole Haan, Dockers, Guess?, Kenneth Cole, Levi’s, Vince Camuto, Margaritaville and more. G-III also operates retail stores for the DKNY, Karl Lagerfeld Paris and Donna Karan brands.
Please note that the foregoing compensation information is a good-faith assessment associated with this position only and is provided pursuant to the New York City Salary Transparency Law.