About the Role
In this role, you will work in an energizing, inclusive, and creative environment focused on concepting and creating sustainable product that exceeds customers' expectations. Your goal is to partner with cross functional team members who collectively are responsible for ensuring that the product style, fit, and quality are more than worth the price for our customers. You will manage the design process from market research and conception through to product design and final styling for your assigned product category. Must lean into risk taking and be customer curious!
What You'll Do
What You’ll Do:
· Support and partner with Sr Director and Director of Concept with conceptual process from beginning of season to end of season: bringing new ideas while ensuring alignment on priorities and direction.
· Constant research, pulling inspiration, reviewing trend from all sources: runway, shopping, online, social media, magazines, shows/events for inspiration and opportunities in product assortment and storytelling.
· Assist with developing print/pattern direction, color direction (helping create seasonal color palettes), big fabric ideas & silhouette direction
· Identify key trends and identify how they relate/translate to the Gap customer/Gap product
· Help drive ideas on how macro factors will influence our seasonal concepts; translate these macro ideas into storytelling that ultimately deliver tasteful, commercial, and brand relevant and inspiring product.
· Proactively collaborative and engage cross-functional team members to achieve best results.
· Work efficiently, driven by aesthetic, to deliver a quarterly seasonal concept deck with impactful visuals and creative storytelling
Who You Are
Who You Are
· Product Obsessed
· 4 - 6 years design/concept experience within a corporate brand preferred, but not required.
· Strong background in brand and creative storytelling with a focus on apparel product.
· Strong understanding of big picture conceptual design within specific brand parameters.
· Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop,
· Highly organized and detail oriented with clear and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Highly adaptable personality that can thrive with fluidity and ease in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills along with ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Good and effective presentation skills both when creating 2D visuals or delivering 3D presentations.
- Strong sense of style, color, and overall visual presentation.
- Knowledge and passion for Female Design/ product.