Designer - Contemporary Womenswear Brand in NYC
Our client, a contemporary womenswear brand, is looking for a creative Designer to join their team on a contract basis!
- Work closely with Senior Designers to manage creative and technical development of seasonal assortment from concept through production stages.
- Utilize Illustrator to develop CADs/ develop hand sketches.
- Assist in research of seasonal trends, colors, raw materials, styling and trims.
- Produce accurate flat sketches and complete Design Packages that clearly propose proportion, detail, fit, color/treatment/print placements and design intention.
- Assist with decisions regarding prints, fabrics & trims.
- Participate in weekly fittings and provide comments.
- Apparel Design degree
- Portfolio featuring elevated, contemporary designs (6+ years)
- Proficiency in Illustrator, Photoshop, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Flex PLM experience is plus
- Detail oriented and able to work in fast-paced environment
- Technical sketching and CAD ability (flat)
Please submit your resume & portfolio for consideration.
You can use www.workgrades.com to collect and manage your references for free and share them with us or anyone else you choose. Candidates with references are always preferred by our clients. Now is the most important time to stand out from the crowd. We suggest that you ensure you have updated your LinkedIn profile and that you start collecting your references early.