Designer Cut & Sew - Discount
NYC Alliance Company LLC is looking for a Designer Cut & Sew for the Discount Division. The Designer Cut & Sew will be responsible for creating original, innovative, and trend-right garments that align with brand aesthetics. The successful candidate will work with cross-functional teams and suppliers to create technically sound styles that meet quality standards. As part of one of New York City's fastest-growing retail companies, the Designer Cut & Sew will contribute to the growth and success of the Discount Division.
NYC Alliance Company LLC has become a leading, vertically-integrated, multi-channel apparel company that seamlessly connects demand to supply. The company invests in the most advanced technologies to maximize speed, minimize costs, and create the world's most responsive supply chain. Its dedicated teams are empowered to make customer-centric decisions across all divisions: product development, marketing, and design throughout the network.
Designer, Cut & Sew
Designer has a solid understanding of the design process and product construction with leadership skills to work with the team. The candidate must possess an ability to juggle tasks and be a team player while delegating tasks to complete work in a timely manner.Requirements
- Work closely with Design team and other partners in technical and creative execution of styles.
- Research markets to identify new trends
- Research competitive stores, sharing knowledge of seasonal buys to gain market intelligence
- Work together with Design team on seasonal color palette, trends, development groups
- Daily communication to flag any issues and ensure timely processing of all production and development
- Participate in the conceptual development of product lines
- Sketch and spec new designs update existing sketches and specifications when needed
- Coordinate samples process to ensure samples are produced and delivered on a timely basis while adhering to calendar
- Ability to comment on lab dips and approvals of trims, yarns, fabrications for production
- Communicate on daily basis with overseas offices to share line development direction
- Competitive compensation packages
- Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA
- Retirement Savings Plan Match
- Summer Fridays
- Discounts and More!
- Annual Salary $75,000 - $90,000
- The offered salary for this position will vary based on role requirements determined by NYC Alliance, skill set and years of experience.