Designer (Cut & Sew Knits)
Designer (Cut & Sew Knits) – onsite in Commerce 80-100K
As the Designer, you will be responsible for researching inspiration, developing new apparel design concepts, sketching ideas, creating technical packages, and overseeing samples. You have both an inherent understanding of the Brands heritage, and a connection to its evolving aesthetic.
· Oversee research and inspiration to create a cohesive concept each season, review emerging trends and shapes, and research local markets.
· Collaborate with the design team to create mood and inspiration boards to showcase new trends, inspirations, materials, and silhouettes.
· Research market trends and styles, ensuring comprehensive product and competitor knowledge and communicate knowledge as necessary through written and verbal presentations.
· Partner with Merchandising to develop commercial components of each collection. Ensure that product is consistent with market trends and adheres to the codes of the Brand and the business strategy.
· Bring passion, creativity, energy, and inspiration to the team; possess the credibility to influence with conviction.
· Uphold design integrity and high-quality execution throughout the entire development process from concept through to market.
· Be a creative innovator, leading to both commercial and creative success.
· Oversee research and inspiration to create a cohesive concept each season, review emerging trends and shapes, and research local markets
· Prepare all necessary components for design presentations, such as sketch boards, proto reviews, and production meeting preparation
· Collaborate with other Apparel Designers and various cross-functional teams and maintain strong business relationships with external partners
· Lead sample review sessions, provide recommendations, note feedback, and update sketches as necessary
· 3-5+ years minimum experience with a fashion wholesale brand in the US
· Contemporary/advanced contemporary experience
· Technical knowledge of fabrics, silhouettes, prints, colors, and trims
· Proficient with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
· Strong sense of style and color and exceptional taste level