Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: Never, never, never give up
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
- ADVOCACY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION: We believe in listening with humility and acting with courage. We recognize, seek, and celebrate the power of diversity across the full spectrum of personal identity.
As a condition of employment, Kendo requires all newly hired employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date unless they have requested and received an exemption from the Company in the form of a reasonable accommodation due to a qualifying medical condition or a sincerely held religious belief or practice.
The salary range for this position is $90,134 - $112,668 based upon a San Francisco location. Offered salary is dependent upon experience and location. Kendo Total Rewards offerings also include an annual bonus and a comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental and vision insurance, flex paid time off program, parental leave, employee discount/perks, a retirement plan with employer contributions, Summer Fridays, opportunity to work from anywhere for a month in the summer and July and December wellness/shutdown weeks for applicable positions.
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Fenty Beauty, Fenty Skin, KVD Beauty, Lip Lab, Ole Henriksen.
Kendo Brands has a hybrid work model with three days in office and two days remote each week.
Support the Creative Director with forward-thinking print and digital design that amplifies the KVD Beauty brand experience. Partnering in planning, managing, and delivering strategic brand assets from concept through execution.
Please submit a digital portfolio or website.
- Support the Creative Director by providing creative solutions that meet business objectives
- Participate in concept ideation for multichannel product marketing initiatives
- Organize and design product launch style guides for global retail and marketing partners
- Design print and digital assets, visual merchandising, campaigns, social content, and more
- Deliver design projects on-time and within budget with the highest quality of standards
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of typography, print and digital design, visual merchandising, video, and photography; ensure all deliverables adhere to brand standards
- Deliver print ready files for visual merchandising partners
- Present assigned projects to cross-functional teams for feedback and final approval
- Manage small to medium scale photoshoots
- Routinely collaborate with Brand Management, Marketing, Program Management, and Content team
- Design elevated creative assets under a strict and fast-paced timeline
- Maintain and advance the KVD Beauty creative vision
- College degree: BA or BFA preferred or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years of experience as a Graphic Designer for a beauty/fashion retailer or creative agency
- Proficient knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Understanding of design for visual merchandising and print
- Strong knowledge of retail print production, typography, grid systems, UI/UX, and responsive design frameworks
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills, detail-oriented; time management skills, ability to juggle priorities
- Strong relationship-building skills; ability to work with a variety of people in various disciplines
- Passion for and understanding of current skincare and beauty trends
- Awareness of digital and print design trends
- Ability to work in a very fast-paced environment and meet very tight deadlines
- Driven to excel and succeed; self-motivated
- Team player that thrives on collaboration
- Motion graphics experience a plus
Flexible work from home options available.