Designer, Dresses (Chico's)
Job Ref#: 9327
Brand: Chico's FAS, Inc-Shared Services
Category: Fashion Designer
Job Type: Full-time
11215 Metro Pkwy, Fort Myers, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
With approximately 1,300 boutiques and outlets throughout the U.S., as well as an online presence for each of our brands, it takes sophisticated technology, resources and infrastructure to ensure the continued success of our businesses. From finance and accounting to technology and merchandising careers, we have diverse opportunities available for talented professionals to join our team of nearly 16,000 associates who share our commitment to excellence.
Position ObjectiveThis position is responsible for building and developing a product category. This role works closely with teams to create the seasonal concept direction, line plan style needs, adhering to margin requirements, and completion of all facets of the development of product. Manages brand integrity through internal and external design partnerships. This position has a creative eye for product with the ability to drive business forward.
- Develops product and partners with those designing other categories to ensure cohesive design direction.
- Works with the cross functional teams (CFT) to coordinate assortments for presentation through print artwork, fabric, silhouette, outfit coordination and presentation boards.
- Manages multiple seasons at different stages of development, while understanding the PLC development calendar and ensuring teams are adhering to the T&A.
- Executes development interpretation and communicates creative packages and deadlines to internal and external teams.
- Executes against timelines on PLC development calendar and line plan needs.
- Coordinates visual boards and samples to drive newness to the brand.
- Prepares and assists in seasonal product reviews to senior management and merchant team by creating line presentation and concept boards.
- Partners with sourcing to identify yardage and color needs for development samples.
- Manages fabric development and seasonal presentation for core category in partnership with raw materials.
- Shops stores to identify trends relative to the business and purchases samples that our applicable to our customer.
- Works closely with cross functional teams to compliment and coordinate process, procedures, and development needs/packages.
- May attend fit sessions in partnership with technical design for styling and aesthetic comments/input.
- May present at design meetings.
- May create artwork for embellishments, plaid and stripes, and mock up projects.
- Values individuality and the diverse talents of their team. Leads the team by communicatingexpectations, providing guidance, delivering feedback, and empowering the team to be their best.
- 5-7 years’ experience in design within the retail industry, preferably contemporary market
- Excellent managerial, organization and leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and visual communication skills
- Navigate and lead through change
- Strong knowledge Fit and construction
- Hand on/ Dynamic team player
- Strong listening skills
- Computer proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator , Excel, and Word
- Ability to create or visualize an idea and produce a design by hand or using CAD a plus
- Past experience in business/design with solid understanding of details and trims. Solid understanding of Fit, fabrics, finishes and construction a plus
- InDesign and Micrograph experience preferred
Chico’s FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.