Designer, Footwear - Ugg
Job descriptionJob Title:
Designer, Footwear - UGG
Reports to:Sr Designer
Location:Goleta / Hybrid Remote
An UGG Designer is a passionate leader with the creative ability to design innovative product true to the brand DNA. The Designer will manage the design process in a collaborative work environment translating briefs and knowledge of market trends into globally relevant, innovative, commercial designs. The Designer will develop and then implement designs that capture new markets, increase consumer demand, and deliver on the design assignment from the product team in a timely manner.
We celebrate diversity--of your background, your experiences and your unique identity. We are committed to ensuring an inclusive and equitable workplace where all of our employees can Come as They Are. We believe that when we bring our different perspectives to work, we are truly Better Together.
The primary functions of this role, include but are not limited to:
- Apply seasonal brand direction, market research, trend insight, and knowledge to interpret business briefs from the product team to select materials, and actively creates and presents new innovative concepts.
- Develop and create illustrations and technical drawings for new design concepts and digital renderings of materializations in Photoshop and Illustrator, detailing concept, materials, and development specifications based on UGG brand design guidelines
- Manage and drive multiple design projects from conceptualization to finished product adhering to calendar deadlines while completing digital template guidelines
- Review prototypes in a timely manner and update tech packs to reflect agreed upon changes and modifications.
- Collaborate with the development team to design products within specific pricing and market segment goals.
- Create and manage timely execution of tech/design packages ensuring all level of detail is accurate.
- Collaborate and clearly communicate with Product and design team to ensure design objectives are reflected in the creation and execution of the product.
- Prepare and present design projects, clearly communicating design vision.
- Collaborate with and support peers to ensure season runs smoothly.
- Proactively anticipate how to manage design deadline in order to meet Critical Path (CP) dates
- International travel as required. Attendance at tradeshows and events may also be required as directed
- Passionate about footwear, children's shoes and fashion trends.
- Proficiency in MAC OS, Adobe Illustrator, and Photoshop, Microsoft Applications, Romans CAD or equivalent 3D software will be a plus.
- Ability to effectively prepare and present information in a visually compelling way; Ability to articulate creative concepts to a broad audience
- Knowledge in current trends and the ability to interpret trends
- Highly motivated team player and self-starter
- Ability to translate and communicate visual concepts into clear, compelling presentations
- Excellent verbal, visual, and written communication skills and problem-solving abilities.
- Experience working effectively in complex global organizations
- Excellent project management and organizational skills; ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment, deadline and process driven; exceptional attention to detail.
- Knowledge of product design, construction techniques, and appropriate use of materials, including extensive knowledge and full understanding of product design including outsole construction techniques, last making, materials, color, etc.
- Good understanding of interdependency between design and development processes; ability to conceptualize and translate from 2D to 3D
- Ability to communicate effectively with development team, sales, marketing, and merchandisers on product design goals and process.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in footwear design, fashion or industrial design in order of preference.
- 2 - 5 years related footwear design experience.
- Experience creating technical drawings, tech-packs, CADS and merchandising boards.
- Competitive Pay and Bonuses -We've created a variety of competitive compensation programs to foster career development, reward success and to show our employees just how much they're valued.
- Financial Planning and wellbeing -No matter what financial goals our employees have set, we want to help them get there. Our plans provide powerful ways to protect income, pay for expenses and invest in the future.
- Time away from work -Sometimes we need time away to be with family, focus on our health or just simply recharge. Our plans support our employees' needs to get out, get healthy and come back stronger than ever.
- Extras, discounts and perks -Being a valued member of the Deckers Brands team means more than just a paycheck. From generous discounts to community-based programs, we offer a variety of cool extras
- Growth and Development -Deckers Brands was built on the idea of pursuing passion. That's why we offer extensive opportunities and support for personal and professional development.
- Health and Wellness -There's nothing basic about our comprehensive health and wellness programs and offerings. While at work and at play, we aim to support a healthy lifestyle.
Diversity and inclusion are key to our success. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds who share a passion for our brands. We welcome qualified applicants regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, medical condition and all of the other beautiful parts of your identity.