Designer - Gear
We hope you're interested in building a home with us. Even if you don't feel that you meet every requirement listed in this job description, we still encourage you to apply.
About The RoleAs a Designer – Gear, you will design Pottery Barn Kids and Pottery Barn Teen gear products, including backpacks, food storage, and travel products.You willdesign products using style, theme and mood. You will present to the Design Director for approval.
- Owning Kids&Teen gear piece type designs
- Owning Kids&Teen Collaboration gear
- Owning Diaper Bag developments
- Owning Food Storage(kids, nursery on-the-go, teen)technical development through to final product
- PZ lead for seasonal testing – supporting the Head Design Manager
- Assisting in print specs as needed – collaborating and supporting the Gear Print Designer
- We are a dynamic team of diversified expertise, creating a wide range of products celebrating ages and stages for Kids&Teen.
- Translate trends into concepts that respond to business needs (e.g., price points, geographic considerations) for the relevant product category.
- Develop SKU-level designs from conception through revisions to sample approval. Present to Head Designer for review and approval.
- Create presentation boards.
- May present products and concepts to Merchandising.
- Gather market data on key fashion trends considering such elements as fabrication, materials, color schemes and designs.
- Identify ideas to be developed.
- Tracks department samples and ensures all samples are approved in a timely manner.
- Work with overseas merchandising partners
- Minimum 5 years product design experience
- Degree in Design or equivalent experience
- Design skills, creative and inspirational thinker, deadline driven
- Expert in Photoshop and Illustrator
- Knowledge of product development process for retail
- Strong attention to detail – cognizant of measurements and color
- Print knowledge
Depending on your position and your location, here are a few highlights of what you might be eligible for:
- A generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brands
- A 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
- Paid vacations, holidays, and time off to volunteer
- Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits
- Tax-free commuter benefits
- A wellness program that supports your physical, financial and emotional health
- In-person and online learning opportunities through WSI University
- Cross-brand and cross-function career opportunities
- Resources for self-development
- Advisor (Mentor) program
- Career development workshops and learning programs
- Speaker series
WSI will not now or in the future commence an immigration case or "sponsor" an individual for this position (for example, H-1B or other employment-based immigration
This role is not eligible for relocation assistance.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, or other applicable state or local laws and ordinances.
About UsOur Company
Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of high-quality products for the kitchen and home in the United States. Our family of brands are Williams Sonoma, Williams Sonoma Home, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn teen, pottery barn kids, Rejuvenation, Mark & Graham, west elm, or Outward. These brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We offer beautifully-designed, stylish and functional products for every area of the home, including the kitchen, living room, bedroom, home office, closet, laundry room and even outdoor spaces. We've seen some big changes since our first brick-and-mortar store opened more than half of a century ago. What hasn't changed is our passion for high-quality products, functional design, outstanding customer service, and enhancing the lives of our customers and the communities where we operate. Today, we're a multi-brand, multi-channel, global enterprise supported by state-of-the-art technology and some of the most talented teams in retailing - and we're always looking for new energy and ideas.