Designer - Girls
Earthbound is a leading product design, licensing and brand growth company that expands the reach of brands in the market on a global scale. With over 20 years of expertise in retail licensing, product development, and product design, Earthbound augments brand potential by offering unprecedented growth for powerhouse brands. For more information, please visit www.earthboundbrands.com.
- Are passionate about Children's design, style, and fashion
- Love to work collaboratively in a group and have an innate willingness to dig in and contribute with your team.
- Are driven and motivated by the possibilities ahead.
- Think innovation is critical in a business environment and support others in creative thinking.
- Pride yourself on the quality of work and are a stickler for the details
Overview of Position:
Earthbound is partnering with a major retailer to design a children's apparel brand across genders and ages ranging from 0-16/18. We are looking for a talented Designer to join the girls design team. This will be a startup environment, so we are looking for talented designers who are not afraid to think beyond their scope and work collaboratively with the team to create a cohesive and elevated brand aesthetic.
- Think innovatively at all stages of the creative, design and development process.
- Keep Design Director & team up to date with product design/development via meetings.
- Responsible for generating art that meets the technical requirements needed to be met for specific products.
- Stay on top of calendar to meet important milestone and deadlines.
- Collaborate with Design Director to create and execute their vision, while maintaining the brand identity and overall business strategy.
- Work closely with the Design Director to define seasonal framework and ensure that creative ideas and business goals are aligned.
- Identify key color trends and develop seasonal color palettes.
- Oversee all aspects of the design process from concept through to production (sketching, sample development, fabric and trim development, fittings)
- Ensure garments meet fit, comfort, and construction goals for their respective categories.
- Create tech packs and garment specs for designs.
- Maintain design records and line sheets with up-to-date information.
- Full knowledge of raw materials, washes and finishes specific to the apparel product; partner with sourcing to accomplish desired outcome.
- Communicate with overseas/local vendors and merchants, licensees, and brand.
- Oversee the approval of fabrics, trims and print throughout the design development process.
- Create original designs, patterns for physical and digital garments based on market and customer research, as well as trend analysis.
- Gather and present inspiration for new ideas, new product lines and designs for seasonal lines
- Ability to identify key trends and determine how they relate to the brand/consumer.
- Create style boards and meeting presentation materials.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 5 years of experience in apparel with a focus on children's
- Strong portfolio showcasing design work
- Strong color expertise
- Thorough knowledge of silhouettes, fabrication, construction techniques, and trim.
- Expertise with Adobe Suite - Illustrator and Photoshop. Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Ability to present with clarity.
- Strong understanding of items at competition and new technologies and innovation pertaining to the above categories.
- Ability to attend trade shows, as necessary.
- Exceptional organization skills as well as the ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to take direction, handle and prioritize multiple projects
- COVID-19 Vaccination