DESIGNER GIRLSWEAR SIZES 4-14
A well-established children’s apparel manufacturer is looking for a Designer to work on girl’s categories from sizes 4 to 14 Fashion Sportswear
We are looking for an experienced Girl’s Designer to join our design team.
This is a hands on design position. The candidate must be proficient in designing Girls 4-16 sportswear as well as the ability to design and execute screen print graphics and allover prints.
- Work closely with Head Designer, Sales, Technical, and Production Departments to develop fashion product that is appropriate for the budget market
- Create and maintain CAD Line Sheets and Tech packs
- Daily commenting on sample submissions including, garments, artwork, lab dip and trims
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Research fashion trends and adapt to our target market
- Create and design garments reflecting business strategies
- Manage the product development from design concept to Pre-Production sample approval
- Communicating effectively pertinent information to the technical designers
- Creating the Production artwork and Tech-Packs for the appropriate supplier
- University diploma in Fashion Design or College diploma in Fashion Design
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in design in the girl’s fashion sportswear budget market
- A profound knowledge of all Apple MAC programs used for design (Illustrator, Photoshop, etc…)
- Proficiency with basic computer applications (i.e., MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook)
- Have a good fashion sense; being able to recognize new fashion trends and being able to adapt them to our market
- Broad experience working with a different fabrics including knits, wovens, denim and sweaters
- Experience designing a variety of products including tops, bottoms, dresses, hoodies, jackets, sweaters, etc.
- Strong understanding of garment construction, sewing and printing techniques
- Understanding of the production process and lead-times
- Must be able to work in an environment of rapid and constant changes
- Must be organized and have the ability and drive to multi-task in a fast paced, demanding environment
- Must be able to handle high stress situations
- Excellent communication and organizational skills is a must
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize is a must
$70k-90k depending on qualifications and experience.