Perry Ellis International, Inc. represents a diverse portfolio of lifestyle apparel brands. The Company, through its wholly owned subsidiaries owns and licenses nationally and internationally recognized brands including: Perry Ellis®, Original Penguin® by Munsingwear®, Laundry by Shelli Segal®, Rafaella®, Cubavera®, Ben Hogan®, Savane®, Grand Slam®, John Henry®, Manhattan®, Axist®, Jantzen® and Farah®. The Company enhances its roster of brands by licensing trademarks from third parties, including: Nike® and Jag® for swimwear, and Callaway®, PGA TOUR®, and Jack Nicklaus® for golf apparel.
SummaryThe Designer for Hosiery is responsible and accountable for the entire design process from conception to production for multiple
- Responsible for trend research, inspiration, color selection, illustrator sketches, 3D CAD design, fit comments and
- final product execution.
- Partner with the director of design and SVP of design in creating brand identity with a creative and current design
- Partners with director of design and SVP of design to provide clear direction for fabric and print development
- Responsible for staying within the time and action calendar.
- Partners with the merchandising team to define seasonal time frames and ensure that creative goals and business
- goals are aligned.
- Present trend and the line to internal and external customers.
- Ensure that the product meets the price point, tells a strong merchandising story and meets SKU requirements for
- the brand.
- Responsible for approval of sales samples to ensure garment is production ready.
- Directs and mentors assistant designers and interns.
- Partners with fabric team to develop new fabrications
- Some travel may be required.
- High level of creativity with a passion for design
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Knowledge of silhouettes, fabrication, color, sewing techniques, graphics, embroidery and trim.
- Ability to learn new computer technology including 3-D design and nedgraphics
- Strong sense of color and taste level
- Strong organizational, time management, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to present in front of an audience
- Bachelor degree (B.A) from a college or university, major in Design
- 3 + years of design experience in hosiery