Who We Are:
Since 1906, New Balance has empowered people through sport and craftsmanship to create positive change in communities around the world. We innovate fearlessly, guided by our core values and driven by the belief that conventions were meant to be challenged. We foster a culture in which every associate feels welcomed and respected, where leaders and creatives are inspired to shape the world of tomorrow by taking bold action today. At New Balance, We Got Now.
Job descriptionJOB MISSION:
New Balance has a 100 year history of enduring performance and is still running strong today. Part of what makes New Balance so unique is our commitment to making products that not only provide performance but also superior fit and comfort. The same attention that is placed on our athletic shoes and apparel is also placed on our associates. We seek talented individuals that fit into our team-oriented atmosphere. Additionally, we are proud to have an environment that offers the comfort of a true work/life balance. If you are looking for a NEW BALANCE, read on!
- Work under the guidance of a senior level designer while also collaborating with the broader design and product team
- Assist the team with researching and presenting current market trends related to target consumers
- Apply color and graphics directly to product while working within a TRIAD (design, development, and product management) to ensure the finished product aligns with seasonal creative direction and product intention
- Complete full tech packs for the product and deliver them to the development team in a timely manner
- Excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and adherence to deadlines and processes are critical
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic, Industrial, Fashion design or related area
- Must have proficiency in design programs such as Adobe Illustrator
- Understanding of footwear design, construction, materials, sourcing and commercialization
- Knowledge of color theory and applications
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Positive attitude and eagerness to learn as part of a fast paced creative team
- Detail oriented with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively
New Balance is committed to creating a culture that allows our associates to do their best work. Ourcorporatework-from-home policy does not mandate an arbitrary number of days in-office. Instead, we've designed a flexible hybrid model that empowers individual teams by letting the type of work dictate where it will most effectively be performed. We are capitalizing on this unique opportunity to evolve how we work based on efficiency, productivity, and the well-being of our associates.
Regular Associate Benefits:
Our products are only as good as the people we hire, so we make sure to hire the best and treat them accordingly. New Balance offers a comprehensive traditional benefits package including three options for medical insurance as well as dental, vision, life insurance and 401K. We also proudly offer a slate of more nontraditional perks - opportunities like online learning and development courses, tuition reimbursement, $100 monthly student loan support and various mentorship programs - that encourage our associates to grow personally as they develop professionally. You'll also enjoy a yearly $1,000 lifestyle reimbursement, 4 weeks of vacations, 12 holidays and generous parental leave, because work-life balance is more than just a buzzword - it's part of our culture.
Learn more about our Benefits
Temporary associates are provided three options for medical insurance as well as dental and vision insurance and an associate discount.
Part time associates are provided 401k, short term disability, a yearly $300 lifestyle reimbursement and an associate discount.