Designer II, Apparel - HOKA
At Deckers Brands, Together, Every Step is a promise kept that every employee can bring their authentic self, is valued and supported, as a whole person, at work and beyond. Together, Every Step is how we continue to deliver exceptional business results, experience an amazing place to work, and have a positive impact on the communities and world around us.
Job Title: Designer II, Apparel - HOKA
Reports to: Senior Designer, HOKA Apparel & Accessories
Location: Portland, OR
A HOKA Designer is someone who leads by example, designing innovative performance product that enables a world of athletes to fly over the earth. They obsess over the consumer and their category, are highly skilled in translating product briefs into compelling and commercial designs, all whilst working in an extremely collaborative and inclusive manner with the broader teams. The individual is proactive and committed to delivering appealing future-facing concepts that attract more eyes to the brand through their immersion in the target market and understanding of the potential wearers.
We celebrate diversity--of your background, your experiences and your unique identity. We are committed to ensuring an inclusive and equitable workplace where all of our employees can Come as They Are. We believe that when we bring our different perspectives to work, we are truly Better Together.
The primary functions of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Design compelling technical performance product that adheres to brand guidelines and answers consumer needs.
- Develop and create illustrations and tech packs for new design concepts using Illustrator, detailing concept, materials, and development specifications based on HOKA brand design guidelines.
- Works with the design leadership to implement brand vision, design language, and product direction.
- Manage and drive multiple design projects from conceptualization to finished product, adhering to calendar deadlines.
- Collaborate closely with the development and PLM team to design products to meet product briefs at the target cost.
- Support design leadership as needed in tech pack creation, merch board updates, and artwork schematics.
- Collaborative, curious, and a good communicator, works well across functions of the brand to bring new solutions to the table.
- Innovative with great technical skills and ability to think outside the box.
- Passionate about product.
- A self-starter, someone who is driven to have a positive impact on the brand
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial design, apparel design, product design, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years related performance apparel design experience
- 1+ years people management experience
- Competitive Pay and Bonuses - We’ve created a variety of competitive compensation programs to foster career development, reward success and to show our employees just how much they’re valued.
- Financial Planning and wellbeing - No matter what financial goals our employees have set, we want to help them get there. Our plans provide powerful ways to protect income, pay for expenses and invest in the future.
- Time away from work - Sometimes we need time away to be with family, focus on our health or just simply recharge. Our plans support our employees’ needs to get out, get healthy and come back stronger than ever.
- Extras, discounts and perks - Being a valued member of the Deckers Brands team means more than just a paycheck. From generous discounts to community-based programs, we offer a variety of cool extras
- Growth and Development - Deckers Brands was built on the idea of pursuing passion. That’s why we offer extensive opportunities and support for personal and professional development.
- Health and Wellness - There’s nothing basic about our comprehensive health and wellness programs and offerings. While at work and at play, we aim to support a healthy lifestyle.