Designer II, Run Train Apparel
SPEED & SPIRIT is what we look for in our candidates, defined by some simple values that inspire us to BE DRIVEN in our performance, BE VIBRANT in our sporting legacy, BE TOGETHER in our team spirit, and BE YOU to let our individual talent and experience shine. Applying for a job at PUMA is easy and all genders are welcome. Simply click APPLY ONLINE and follow the steps to upload your application.
- Work closely with the apparel design team, product development, and PLM team to develop four seasonal and carryover apparel ranges per year.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate completion of artwork pages, CADS, and tech packages based on design time and action calendar.
- Partner with Developers and World Cat sourcing offices to implement a clear understanding of product design, fit, and function. Develop thorough understanding of the capabilities, flexibility, and limitations of source base.
- Create and execute apparel products that meet cost and margin and brief requirements.
- Drive desirability, innovation, and inspiration to create the next ICON products.
- Ensure that all products follow Puma international design, brand, and quality standards.
- Partner with Running Footwear team to assure seasonal color, trend, performance, and graphic alignment.
- Conduct market research for competitor, best practices, consumer, and price studies, and most importantly trend research.
- Be accountable for the organization and preparation of key meeting tools.
- Ensure aligned apparel and graphic design concept and product presentations in front of small and large groups.
- Strong presenter in person and via video.
- Ability to professionally have productive discussions during product feedback sessions.
- Communicates and participates professionally and effectively within a cross functional team.
- Approximate Travel Required when applicable: 10-15%
- 2 plus year as an Apparel Designer, Apprentice or Assistant, preferably for a performance apparel company.
- BS/BA or BFA degree preferred.
- Skilled in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator and Photoshop)
- Knowledge of the Sports performance and/or Sport lifestyle market (Competition, Distribution, Price, Product, Consumer, Retail environment)
- Technical knowledge related to fabrics, trims, product development, and quality requirements.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Strong line merchandising abilities / building well rounded and balanced collections.
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple projects at various stages at the same time.
PUMA supports over 14,000 employees across 120+ countries. The PUMA Group owns the brand PUMA, Cobra Golf and stichd, and is headquartered in Herzogenaurach, Germany.
PUMA is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of PUMA to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender, physical or mental disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.