Designer II - Sperry
At Sperry we are here to inspire everyone to find common ground, as we have since 1935. We create products that can transcend boundaries because we believe it’s the little things that can help bring us together. We’re proud to embrace timeless styles and quality everyone can relate to. Join our team and help us inspire people to recognize their commonalities and create more meaningful connections and better communities.
TheDesigner IIdesigns and creates product consistent with briefs and the image of the brand; conceptualize and provide ideation sketches, material specifications and outsole details in line with market trends and product development timelines.
- Develop and create illustrations of new design concepts for internal design reviews in accordance with the divisional product development process.
- Participate in field research to identify industry trends, competitive direction, customer expectations and consumer perceptions; integrates research into thought process and design.
- Partner with design leadership, product development and marketing to collaborate on design projects and maximize effectiveness.
- Continually assess and evaluate materials, components and constructions to be used.
- Performs duties consistent with the Company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies.
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Bachelor’s degree in design or equivalent experience required.
- 5+ years of footwear design experience required.
- In-depth knowledge of design process.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and visually through sketches, illustrations and renderings.
- Must be able to work autonomously as well as be part of a team.
- Strong computer skills, 3D, Photo-shop software and Adobe Illustrator.
Normal office environment. Some travel may be required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
Wolverine Worldwide has a flexible, hybrid work schedule, with three days in office and two days remote.
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).