Designer II, Women's Cut & Sew - Calvin Klein
As a Designer II for Women's Cut and Sewn, you will be an integral part of the design team responsible for creating stylish and versatile cut and sewn apparel for women. Your role will involve contributing to the design process, assisting in product development, and ensuring that the garments align with the brand's vision, market trends, and customer preferences. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams, gain valuable experience, and play a significant role in elevating the brand's women's cut and sewn offerings.
As a Designer II for Women's Cut and Sewn, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the brand's design direction and develop garments that resonate with customers. If you are a fashion enthusiast with a flair for design and a desire to be part of a dynamic design team, we welcome you to apply and be part of our innovative journey in the fashion industry.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Collaborate with the design team to create sketches, illustrations, and technical drawings for women's cut and sewn apparel, including tops, bottoms, and dresses.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and concept ideation to develop new and innovative designs.
Trend Research and Analysis:
- Conduct research on fashion trends, color palettes, fabrications, and garment styles relevant to women's cut and sewn apparel.
- Stay updated with the latest market trends and customer preferences.
Material and Trim Selection:
- Assist in sourcing and selecting appropriate fabrics, trims, and embellishments for cut and sewn garment prototypes and production.
- Work closely with suppliers and product developers to ensure material availability and quality.
Tech Pack Creation:
- Support the design team in creating detailed tech packs and design specifications for garment samples and production.
Sample Review and Fit Sessions:
- Participate in sample reviews and fit sessions to provide feedback on the fit, construction, and design details of cut and sewn apparel prototypes.
Collaboration and Communication:
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including product developers and merchandisers, to ensure seamless execution of design concepts.
- Effectively communicate design concepts and ideas to team members and stakeholders.
- Understand and maintain the brand's design aesthetic and language in all women's cut and sewn apparel products.
- Collaborate with the design team and brand team to ensure consistency in storytelling and branding across cut and sewn collections.
- Assist in preparing trend presentations and mood boards to inspire and inform the design process.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- 6+years design experience with extensive experience in womenswear design with a specialization in knit product.
- Previous experience as a Design Assistant or a similar role within women's cut and sewn apparel or a relevant category.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design.
- Proficiency in design software and tools like Adobe Creative Suite.
- A passion for fashion, creativity, and a keen eye for garment trends and aesthetics.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment and meet project deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively present ideas.
DECISION MAKING: Holds a vital role in the development of the Calvin Klein Women's line for each season, giving direction to the designers and presenting the line to senior management.
RESOURCEFULNESS/CREATIVITY: Highly creative role, requiring strong awareness of current global trends in fashion as well as awareness of latest technology in fabric and trim R&D
Pay Range: $91,000 - $110,000PVH currently provides base salary ranges for all positions-on job advertisements-in the United States based on local requirements. These ranges are based on what PVH reasonably believes that it will pay an associate for their base salary for said position at the time of the posting. Individual compensation will ultimately be determined based on a variety of relevant factors including but-not limited to qualifications, geographic location and other relevant skills. PVH is committed to providing a market-competitive total rewards package to eligible associates, which includes diverse and robust health and insurance benefits to meet the varied needs of our associates and an above-market 401(k) contribution to help our associates save for retirement. We also offer career growth opportunities, empowering our associates to design their future at PVH.
PVH Corp. or its subsidiary ("PVH") is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications, consistent with applicable law and without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. In addition to complying with all applicable laws, PVH also has a strong corporate commitment to inclusion, diversity and to ensuring that all current and future PVH associates are compensated solely on job-related factors such as skill, ability, educational background, work quality, experience and potential. To achieve these goals, across the United States and its territories, PVH prohibits any PVH employee, agent or representative from requesting or otherwise considering any job applicant’s current or prior wages, salary or other compensation information in connection with the hiring process. Accordingly, applicants are asked not to disclose this salary history information to PVH