Designer Jewelry / Accessories
At Movado Group, we are committed to building the strongest brands in the industry - and we are passionate about what we do. Our people are fueled by a creative spirit and a drive for excellence that are reflected in every aspect of our business. We offer the watch industry a compelling strategic vision and track record of sustained growth - and we offer our employees unparalleled opportunities for career advancement. We invite you to come share in our success.
The Designer will work with the Creative Executive or Design Manager to initiate and develop concepts each season that are fashion driven and reflective of the creative vision and Brand aesthetic.
- Collaborates with V.P. Design and the design team to conceptualize and design jewelry/ accessory collections that are in keeping with the brand DNA
- Responsible for upholding Brand design integrity, high quality execution and timeliness throughout the entire creative process
- Adhere to Brand standards and upkeep
- Creates and presents designs that are innovative, fit within the line plan and are within design and cost parameters
- Creates accurate spec packs under the general direction and approval of the Senior Designer/ Lead
- Develops a deep understanding of the brand DNA and is responsible for creating line extensions in accordance with the brand aesthetic
- Partners with VP Design and design team to apply seasonal concept materials, color palette for collections
- Provide updates to Backbone and ensure project updates are completed and within deadlines under direction and approval of Senior Designer or Design Manager
- Will use Illustrator, Backbone, SharePoint and 3D in the performance of his/her duties
- Partners cross functionally, with brand, merchandisers, product development and design team and participates in meetings with these partners
- Makes presentations of design concepts to internal partners
- Ability to build and maintain a good rapport with internal & external customers and handle situations with confidence, tact, & resourcefulness
- BFA or Equivalent
- 2-7 Years Design Experience (jewelry/ accessory experience preferred)
- Fluent in English: speaking and understanding
- Excellent sketching and free hand drawing / rendering skills
- Strong computer skills – 2D programs (Photoshop, Illustrator, Power Point, Share Point, Backbone, Publisher or equivalent.) 3D software skills (Alias, Solidworks)
- Knowledge of competitive consumer goods market.
- Must possess a strong fashion sense and have the ability to interpret trends
- Knowledge of technical jewelry/ accessory construction
- Knowledge of brands and product lines
- Strong interest in our products
- Flexible with ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines in fast-paced environment
- Organized, detail-oriented and thorough
- Creative problem solver
- High energy / Strong Work Ethic
- High degree of customer focus
- Focus on team / relationship building
- Strong communication and presentation skills
DIRECT APPLICANTS ONLY - NO AGENCIES
Movado Group, Inc. designs, sources, and distributes MOVADO®, MVMT®, OLIVIA BURTON®, EBEL®, CONCORD®, COACH®, TOMMY HILFIGER®, HUGO BOSS®, LACOSTE®, and CALVIN KLEIN® watches worldwide, and operates Movado company stores in the United States.
Now is the perfect time to explore watch industry career opportunities with us. Our employees enjoy a competitive compensation and benefit package. Our people are the corner stone of our business - we invite you to grow your career with us.
Movado Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.