Designer- Junior Intimates
NYC or Miami-based role
Ariela & Associates International (www.aai-llc.com), founded over 25 years ago, is one of the largest privately held lingerie companies in the US. We are seeking an innovative and trend-forward Intimates Designer to join our team in NYC or Miami. This position will report directly to the VP of Design.
- Actively conceptualize seasonal trend direction both independently and collaboratively
- Provide trend forecasting analysis, competitive and market research
- Build inspirational mood boards and presentations for buyer meetings
- Create brand-right designs incorporating market intelligence and business strategy
- Direct artists in seasonal art, print, graphics, and color
- Design flat technical sketches with garment construction merchandised assortment CADS and trend decks
- Participate in model fit sessions providing comments for design fit intent
- Actively collaborate and communicate with merchandising, product development, technical design, sales, and sample room
Requirements and Qualifications
- BFA in Fashion Design or equivalent industry experience
- High proficiency in Adobe suite: Illustrator/Photoshop
- Strong trend sense and understanding of garment construction
- Detail-oriented, organized and motivated
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to communicate well across departments
- Excels in multi-tasking, shifting priorities, and meeting deadlines
- Works well under pressure, responsive, and thrives in a fast-paced open team environment
- Positive, passionate, and collaborative
To be considered for this role, we require that you provide samples of your work or a link to your portfolio along with your resume.
Ariela and Associates is an EEO employer. We provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual’s age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) or sexual orientation, gender expression, military status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, disability or membership in any other protected class under applicable law.