FOR OVER 30 YEARS, MARC JACOBS HAS INVIGORATED THE FASHION WORLD WITH A UNIQUE DESIGN PHILOSOPHY:
AN IRREVERENT SPIRIT.
THE EVERYDAY AND THE EXTRAORDINARY.
LED BY THESE CODES, THE BRAND HAS BECOME A DRIVING FORCE IN THE WOMENSWEAR, BEAUTY, ACCESSORIES, FRAGRANCE, WATCH AND JEWELRY INDUSTRIES.
BORN IN NEW YORK CITY IN APRIL 1963, MARC JACOBS ATTENDED THE HIGH SCHOOL OF ART AND DESIGN AND GRADUATED FROM PARSON'S SCHOOL OF DESIGN. AS A DESIGN STUDENT, JACOBS WAS THE RECIPIENT OF SOME OF THE SCHOOL'S HIGHEST HONORS INCLUDING DESIGN STUDENT OF THE YEAR.
IN 1984, THE MARC JACOBS LABEL WAS FOUNDED ALONG WITH BUSINESS PARTNER ROBERT DUFFY, AND HAS SINCE BECOME A GLOBAL BRAND.
Job descriptionJOB DESCRIPTION:
Marc Jacobs International, powered by the creative genius of Marc Jacobs, seeks a Designer, Knitwear to join the Design, RTW team based in its New York City (SoHo) headquarters. Marc Jacobs International is part of the Louis Vuitton Moet Hennessy (LVMH) fashion division and operates in the wholesale and direct to consumer retail markets.
The Designer, Knitwear will work with the Senior Designer and Head of Design to execute knitwear specific ideas and techniques as applicable to cross-divisional seasonal themes.
- Oversee entire product lifecycle from initial concept through samples, showroom, and production
- Manage all aspects of design including material direction, sketching, color palette, tech packs, prints
- Regular communication with business and creative partners and teams to ensure alignment on collection and calendar
- Ensure core brand codes and goals are integrated and considered from a customer, merchandising, and business perspective
- Work within budget given for product and material development
- Sketch and/or create technically sound design packets for product development team to efficiently work from - including fit, color card, fabric, trims, and other necessary information
- Attend all fittings, sample reviews, materials, and trims meetings, etc.
- 3-6 years design experience
- Inherently understand the Marc Jacobs brand and target customer
- Ability to effectively manage deadlines, priorities, and people
- Strategically minded, problem solving, and collaborative
- Excellent taste level and brand awareness
- Very strong understanding of garment construction, materials, and production
- Written and verbal communication skills
- In compliance with theOrder of New York City's Commissioner of Health and Mental Hygiene to Require COVID-19 Vaccination in the Workplace, candidates will need to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination by their first day of employment.