Designer, Lee Women's Tops & Dresses
Kontoor Brands, Inc. (KTB) is a global lifestyle apparel company with a portfolio of some of the world’s most iconic denim brands: Wrangler®, Lee® and Rock & Republic®. We design, manufacture and distribute superior high-quality products that look good, fit right, and are crafted with sensitivity to our planet to give people around the world the freedom and confidence to express themselves.
Our global community of more than 15,000 employees fosters a culture of integrity, collaboration, performance and entrepreneurial spirit. We are looking for inclusive, humble, creative and forward-looking employees with a passion for creating innovative apparel products, accessories, and solutions that are both meaningful and purposeful for consumers and employees.
Designer – Women's Tops and Dresses: Become the Newest Member of Kontoor Brands
This position reports to the Category Design Director and is responsible for leading all design activities related to Women's Tops and Dresses. Lead designer on cross functional work streams to drive new, trend right and innovative product consistent with the merchandising brief. Responsible for developing the team competencies and expertise needed to meet organizational goals.
- Creative Vision. Responsible for translating the Category level Lee Brand creative vision to Women's Tops and Dresses.
- Strong Individual Contributor: Creative, skilled designer who develops and delivers innovative, brand right products which meet lifestyle category and consumer business unit needs in cross functional work streams.
- Competitive Positioning: Owns creative aesthetic from concept to consumer for all product and assortment needs. Researches emerging trends and styles and key influencer markets to strengthen brand image and maintain competitive positioning against key brand consumer targets.
- Brand Consistency: Ensures all assortments deliver consistent color, trend, and creative direction across targeted lifestyle to ensure brand positioning and brand equity objectives are intact.
- Style Ownership: Review and critique prototypes presented by product development. Discuss and strategize style changes and line enhancements with Merchandising.
- Issue Resolution: Review samples and resolve outstanding issues with design and costing. Troubleshoots product development related problems to maintain calendar deadlines.
- Market Ready Presentation: Manage the presentation of the collections to Sales and Merchandising. Provide seasonal direction to ensure vision is executed in the market.
- Visual Design: Lead the direction for styling and product cues, as well as seasonal guides for visual merchandising for all channels.
- Fabric and Fit: Leverage centers of excellence concerning all matters of fabric and fit.
- Special Makeup: Respond to key account assortment needs beyond initial seasonal line to maximize account opportunity.
- Skilled at managing teams with Design, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, CAD, flat sketching skills, and tech packs
- Knowledge of fabric construction performance, and any specific processing and treatments relevant to Women's Tops and Dresses
- Understanding of global sourcing of fabrics
- Knowledge of product costing and product cycles
- Strong collaborator
- Excellent presentation and story-telling skills
- Proven ability to translate trends to specific targeted consumer needs.
Years of Related Professional Experience: 3+ years experience in leading creative vision for a brand and product category.
- People management experience, including leading a design team
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in fashion or apparel design
- Traveling required, including travel to Asia