maurices is a women’s apparel retailer that celebrates feel good fashion for real life. It’s committed to its service with style promise and offering affordable fashion that takes women from workday to weekend and all of life’s adventures in between. With inclusive sizing from 0-24, maurices is famous for its versatile styles including key categories such as denim, dresses, tops, and more. Established in 1931, maurices operates 935 stores in communities across North America. Discover even more fashion at maurices.com.
Ready to apply? We currently have an opportunity for a Designer-maurices to join our team located at our Maurices NYC Dsgn Off-maurices-New York, NY 10011.
Ready to help bring feel good fashion for real life™ to hometowns across North America? Join our family of amazing individuals in our corporate office in Duluth, Minnesota, ranked one of the Top 100 Best Places to Live in 2019. Since 1931, we’ve helped women look and feel their best every day — making maurices not only a special place to shop, but a great place to work and connect. Apply today!
Position OverviewGENERAL DESCRIPTIONResponsible for all aspects of design in assigned department from concept to production. Keeps abreast of fashion trends and works with technical design, trend, and merchant teams to develop style, material, fit and color for products. Trains and develops direct reports. Collaborates and aligns with Trend Department to create vision for each season. Continuously seeks information to support customer intimacy. Presents design concepts and build relationships with merchandising teams.
- Presents seasonal concepts, style direction, fabric, design detail seasonally and adapt it appropriately to the individual merchandise areas of business.
- Designs and Organizes within the development/production calendar to develop on time seasonal product.
- Communicates daily and works closely with vendor partners to ensure quality product.
- Manages Time and Action calendar within the department for specific product categories.
- Continually research and travel for inspiration.
- Collaborates with cross functional teams including Trend, Merchandising, Technical Design, and Sourcing on all product development.
- Partner with Merchants in the presentation of Key meetings.
- Participate in the Trend Concept process.
- Manages, trains, and develops direct reports.
- Creates an environment that that provides direction and promotes continuous learning and development.
- Nurture talent from within and provide appropriate coaching, feedback and support to foster improved performance and individual growth.
- Support and participate in the Onboarding process of new associates.
- BA or BFA specializing in Fashion Design.
- 5 years minimum industry related experience.
- Strong organizational skills, adaptability and flexibility.
- Team oriented, self-motivated, able to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Expert user in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Word and Outlook.
- Thinks creatively, possesses the ability to identify trends and tracks ongoing business.
Maurices NYC Dsgn Off-maurices-New York, NY 10011
Position TypeRegular/Full time
Equal Employment OpportunityThe Company is committed to hiring and developing the most qualified people at all levels. It is our policy in all personnel actions to ensure that all associates and potential associates are evaluated on the basis of qualifications and ability without regard to sex (including pregnancy), race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability that can reasonably be accommodated without undue hardship, genetic information, military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected classification under federal, state, or local law. We do not discriminate in any of our employment policies and practices. All associates are expected to follow these principles in all relationships with other associates, applicants, or others with whom we do business.