Designer, Men's Apparel & Accessories
Designer, Men's Apparel & Accessories
Do you want to be a part of one of America’s first beach brands? Founded in 1961 by female founder Carrie Birdwell Man, Birdwell Beach Britches maintains its rich tradition of handmade exceptionally crafted functional apparel led by its signature board shorts made of nearly indestructible Surfnyl™ providing an unprecedented level of comfort and durability.
By bringing high-quality, functional products to the market, we allow our consumers to buy better, buying fewer items that end up in landfills, which improves our environmental footprint. In addition to contributing to sustainability through US manufacturing and building quality products, Birdwell also has ambitions of improving its sourcing of alternative materials, making better use of scrap material, and encouraging reuse of goods wherever possible at end of life.
Being one of the longest-standing lifestyle brands in America brings us an incredible sense of pride and responsibility to uphold our reputation and impact on our community. The Men’s Designer Birdwell will play a pivotal role in maintaining our values, ethics, and standards while helping us transition into the future through purpose-built products that are built for life, we guarantee it
Birdwell is looking for a dynamic team player who can provide immediate impact in the design and development of our products. The ideal candidate is an expert in design across a diverse range of products. They are resourceful, organized, and have an entrepreneurial drive with a willingness to roll up their sleeves to get the job done.
- 5+ years of experience in apparel and accessory designs
- Skilled at managing Design, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, CAD, flat sketching skills, and tech packs
- Strong knowledge and understanding of apparel construction, fabric performance, and specific wash processes, finishes, and treatments
- Understanding of global sourcing of fabrics, product costing, and product cycles
- Working knowledge of formulating color palettes
- Disciplined and organized approach to process and production calendars
- Proficient communicator and strong collaborator
- Excellent presentation and story-telling skills
- Educational/Position Requirements: Bachelor's Degree in Design (apparel), or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong Individual Contributor: Creative, skilled designer who develops and delivers innovative, brand right products which meet lifestyle category and consumer needs in cross-functional workstreams
- Design trend right and innovative product consistent with the merchandising brief and use your advanced creative and cultural skills to develop sketches, tech packs, color cads, etc.
- Produce fully packaged product designs and work with Technical Designer and Product Developer to ensure successful Product Creation and Fit throughout the sampling process
- Track the design calendar to ensure a timely completion following the product development calendar
- Lead and partner with PD to source and develop innovative fabrications/trims
- Brand Consistency: Ensures all assortments deliver consistent color, trend, and creative direction across targeted lifestyle to ensure brand positioning and brand equity objectives are intact
- Style Ownership: Review and critique prototypes presented by product development
- Your collaborative approach and communication skills allow you to work with cross-functional partners on the commercialization of products, fabrications, silhouettes, trims, and color/print
- Research emerging trends and styles and key influencer markets to strengthen brand image and maintain competitive positioning against key brand consumer targets
- Milestone presentation: Produce and manage the presentation of the collections to leadership and cross-functional partners