Designer, Men's Bottoms & Outerwear
vineyard vines is a highly successful, privately held, American clothing and accessory retailer founded in 1998 on Martha’s Vineyard by brothers, Shep & Ian Murray. With Shep & Ian still at the helm today, vineyard vines has experienced exponential year over year growth and now operates over 120 retail locations including an outlet division, a successful e-commerce business, domestic distribution center, and expanding corporate headquarters. In addition, vineyard vines is carried in major department stores such as Nordstrom and Bloomingdales as well as numerous specialty boutiques across the US.
vineyard vines was founded on a state of mind thatEvery day should feel this good.You don’t need to be on a beach, by the ocean or on vacation to haveEvery day should feel this goodmoments. It’s a state of mind that we all experience, and one where everyone is invited. At vineyard vines, we don’t just live an #EDSFTG life away from our desks—we bring it to work with us, too.
In our stores, at our Harbor Drive headquarters or working remotely, our company culture is fun, encouraging and welcoming to all. We work hard and play harder, and we never take ourselves too seriously. And while we have many company goals, our number one priority is making vineyard vines a great place to work for all employees.
Our team is our family, and we’d never have grown to where we are today without them. We’re committed to building an inclusive team across all channels, departments and stores within our community. We hope you’ll join us and see what the smiling pink whale is all about.
OverviewWe are looking for a well-organized, talented and enthusiastic Designer to join our team. This individual will be responsible for owning the entire Men’s bottoms and outerwear assortment. The Designer is responsible for participating in all phases of the design development process from initial concept to production. This candidate should be proactive in their approach, look for opportunities to improve upon existing structures and processes and find creative ways to utilize best practices. Though this is a senior designer role, this candidate will be participating in the design process (sketching and tech packs) along with the high level development of the line.
- Strong ability to see collection as a whole and create strong product stories within assortment
- Support Director in creating original and innovative designs
- Sketching in Illustrator and by hand
- CAD/render sketches with patterns, prints, and color
- Create and complete all design handoffs/tech packs in PLM and create BOMs
- Manage and adhere to design calendar
- Maintain seasonal design boards and present to senior leadership
- Attend weekly fittings
- Manage an Associate Designer
- Manage bottoms and outerwear through product life cycle from concept to store
- Research trends, fabrics, washes & silhouettes each season
- 5+years of experience in woven bottoms/denim/outerwear design
- Strong knowledge of outerwear construction
- Experience in the luxury market is a plus
- Excellent creativity, a high taste level and a strong understanding of the vineyard vines aesthetic
- Innate knowledge of fashion and trends with the ability to focus into the new direction each season
- Knowledge of wovens construction and functionality
- Strong flat sketching skills (Strong Illustrator and Photoshop is a must)
- Computer skills: Excellent Illustrator and Photoshop skills, Microsoft Excel, a web plm type program
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong time management skills and ability to thrive in a face paced environment
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work with a team
- Upbeat, positive attitude
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design
- We have a fun-spirited entrepreneurial culture filled with truly “good” people
- We have flexible working hours and work from home days to accommodate your personal life
- We offer a generous employee discount so you can rep our lifestyle on-and-off the boat
- We offer a competitive salary package, 401-K, commuter benefits, and paid-family leave, health savings , flex spending accounts, life & disability insurance
- We have an onsite gym as well as health & financial wellness programs to keep you active
- We offer 2 summer Fridays to take off in addition to a competitive vacation policy & holiday calendar