Designer - Men's Knitwear
In 1997 a pair of pants changed the way American women dress. Recognizing the need for clothes that felt great and fit perfectly, we developed an innovative stretch fabric that would dramatically improve a pant’s performance. These pants had the power to make women feel confident, smart, and stylish. Never before had American sportswear been so easy to wear to work and everywhere else.
When Theory for men was established, similar foundation principles were used, so that they, too, could get dressed in innovative, highly functional, and stylish clothes.
Our commitment to design, fit, and construction ensures exceptional comfort and quality. We source our materials from the best mills in the world and test every fabric for its hand-feel, durability, and design. Versatile, sophisticated, and easy to wear, our seasonal collections are designed with purpose.
The Fast Retailing acquisition of Theory in 2004 spurred global expansion of the brand; today, Theory operates 221 freestanding stores worldwide. The launch of e-commerce in 2010 and collaborative relationships with department and specialty stores continue to position Theory as a continually expanding international omnichannel phenomenon. We believe cool, expertly tailored pieces made from the best materials have the power to change the way we feel, improve the way we work, and inspire the way we live.
Become an integral part of Theory. We are looking for aMen’s sweater knit Designerto join our team. This position will focus on all categories of fully fashion apparel.
- Design and manage the development of sweater knit products.
- Work closely with the Design Director to research and execute to the seasonal direction
- Responsible for the design process to include sketching, technical packages creation and maintenance, and all development-related follow-up
- Liaise with suppliers to bring innovation, along with the best quality and style to the collection
- Manage the sourcing and organization of yarn records
- Handling daily edits and changes to artwork, sketches and mood boards
- Creation of stitch ideas, color CAD sets, technical sketches, and prototype layouts/paper patterns
- Creating and updating artwork development sheets
- Create and update seasonal line sheets
- Managing all deadlines within Development/Production Calendar
- Participation in fittings with the ability to take accurate notes and give opinions to contribute a different point of view for our customer
- 4 + years’ experience in Men’s Knitwear design
- Bachelor’s degree in Apparel Design or related field
- Strong sketching ability and knowledge of yarn + raw materials
- Technical skill and strong knowledge of stitch constructions and knitting garments
- Excellent sense of style and color, and the ability to interpret trends
- In-depth knowledge of innovative design techniques and processes
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail and follow-up
- Flexible with the ability to self-manage and handle multiple priorities at once
- Must be a collaborative team player
- Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Fabric archive, Sketch archive and seasonal development chart
Salary range: $90,000.00 -94,000.00*
*The offered salary or salary range is based on several factors, including, but not limited to, overall experience, relevant experience, education level, certifications, applicable skills and expertise, and location of the position.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Fast Retailing does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, age, citizenship, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or because of any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state or local law.