Collections designed by you, for sale in hundreds of stores in great cities all over the planet and in 100+ countries online. In this role of Senior Designer for Scotch & Soda of Amsterdam's Scotch & Soda brand it is possible. If you feel at home in an ultra-creative environment, full of colours and diversity, you have come to the right place. Add your playful and unique insights to our style: an ode to the free-thinking and inclusive character of the city of Amsterdam.
Together with the team of 4 designers and support of our graphic team you are responsible for around 250 new items per season for the Menswear collection, from Swimwear to Outerwear. You work closely with designers from the Scotch Menswear collection and the managers of both ladies- and menswear collections. And of course, you regularly work with colleagues from the Kids and Ladies teams.
What also distinguishes from other brands, is that at Scotch & Soda our starting points are samples, fabrics, materials and accessories. Thus, we create collections in a very organic way. Analogue 3D-work and -design is our way of working, much more than staring at a monitor all day. Daring, trying out, sparring with colleagues and sharing opinions to bring each other to greater heights. And of course, you are always on top of the latest trends and brands.
We collect ideas, vintage samples and eye-catching prints from all over the world. To inspire ourselves. These treasures form the heart of the new collection. Together with the entire team you are in close contact with the Hong Kong office to work out our collection with our local Buying and Merchandise team and manufacturers.
Most of the time you will work in the Design Studio, vested in a former church in the heart of Amsterdam. With natural daylight entering from the dome ceiling windows and with a view of the Keizersgracht, a special inspiring place to work. Despite the tight deadlines, the atmosphere is relaxed.
At Scotch & Soda you end up in an inspiring and fashion-conscious team that is not afraid of deadlines and is constantly working on new ideas and possibilities.
You are also the fashion designer with:
- At least 1-3 years of work experience in designing menswear;
- Experience in outerwear;
- Passion, drive, personal opinion and the ability to work well together to work
- Availability 39 hours per week
- Skills in styling and design are reflected in your portfolio, preferably supplemented with your own sketches which we can clearly see your own handwriting.
LOTS TO LOVE
Come work with us and enjoy the following benefits:
- A highly collective creative and welcoming environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an atmosphere for professional development
- To work in the most desirable offices in Amsterdam
- A 39 hour working week, Fridays end at 4PM
- All Apple equipment
- 28 holiday days per year
- Onefit subscription for EUR29 a month (instead of EUR65)
- Amazing company drinks, events and parties
- Employee discounts. 28% online and in store and access to our Friends&Family sale
- Access to great company benefits around parenthood and wellbeing
- Professional help with your relocation (if applicable)
- A collective health insurance with a discount for Scotch employees and their families
- Full coverage of public transportation if you live outside Amsterdam
- A competitive salary and a annual 8% holiday pay
- A pension scheme which is 2/3 funded by Scotch & Soda
Does this sound like you? Then send in your resume with motivation letter and your best work. Let's meet soon.
Phone call with the recruiter
One of our recruiters will review your application and get in contact with you if there's a match
Upon a successful phone screening, we will invite you for an interview
Short assignment or second interview
Depending on the role, we will ask you to complete a short assignment or invite you for the second interview.
You will receive an offer as soon as we make a selection - good luck!