Designer, Menswear Woven Shirts, Nautica
The Designer, in partnership with the Head of Design and cross functional team (Merchandising, Production, Tech Design, Design team) drives the design and execution of a large product classification. The Designer proactively seeks opportunities to ensure trend right, brand relevant product and achieve the financial goals of the category while supporting the Brand. As a leader within the Design department, the Designer supports and participates in all applicable company wide initiatives.
- Proactively seek out opportunities to maximize the business.
- Support and participate in all relevant company wide initiatives as they arise.
- Translate seasonal concept into fully articulated line for product classification.
- Work with Design Head to create seasonal direction in silhouette, fabric and concept that is true to the overall design direction.
- Use trend intelligence and an understanding of the current and historical business to design a line that is relevant to the customer and reflects the Nautica brand.
- Develop design presentations in Adobe Illustrator and Adobe InDesign formats.
- Create original pattern and print using Point Carre` and collaborate with CAD department
- Create and maintain line sheets, save PNG’s, update tech packs with fabric and construction details throughout the process.
- Participate in the development of concept set room presentations.
- Communication of designs in key milestone meetings.
- Understand the intricacies of the production process and fabric development as it relates to the classification.
- provide direction to PD/ fabric team/ trim dept of new fabric, trim and development requests to overseas factories for sourcing purposes.
- Create development sheets including detailed sketches, garment construction, fabric construction, trimmings, etc.; also include extensive pitch sheet with all color way information, pattern layout/placement information.
- Utilize DESL, web based system for tech pack development.
- Communication of pattern/ some color comments in share files systems.
- Development of pattern layouts and graphics, pitch sheets for submit in Illustrator for submit.
- Manage deadlines in accordance with the corporate calendar.
- Lead the aesthetic of all fits and styling details. Collaborate with Technical Design to establish blocks. Actively participate in fit sessions.
- Stay aware of industry trends and market competitors.
- Bachelor’s Degree; focus in Fashion Design
- 7+ years of experience in menswear woven shirt design, preferably working for a Branded product line
- Strong conceptual and practical design ability, sense of style trends and strong color sensibility
- Solid portfolio with a wide range of both concept and real work across categories in mens woven shirts
- Highly proficient with Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, technical flat sketching and color filling sketches
- Highly proficient with Point Carre` pattern creation
- Highly proficient with web PDM type system (DESL preferred)
- Strong conceptual design ability, sense of style trends and color direction
- Knowledge of measuring garment dimensions, garment construction, tech packs
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities in a fast paced environment
- Excellent organizational, communication/follow up and presentation skills
- Excellent cross-functional communication skills
SPARC Group LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We value a culture of inclusion and diversity within our workforce, and are committed to maintaining a workplace free from prohibited employment conduct, including discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, domestic partner status, civil partnership, status as a covered veteran, status in the Uniformed Services of the United States, citizenship and any other characteristic protected by law (“Protected Characteristics”).