Designer (Plus size)
The Designer is responsible for creating original concepts that encompass style, color, and fabric as a result of interpreting fashion trends. Produces design sketches and makes seasonal presentations of proposed designs. Primary role is to work within the line plan to design merchandise that is consistent with the brand strategy, and which coordinates with the presentation of other designers within a merchandise category or theme.
· Identify and develop key colors, fabrications, silhouettes, and trims for development of the complete concept for the season and adapt it appropriately to the individual merchandise areas to which he or she is assigned.
· Partner with production, materials development, and sourcing to design merchandise that fits within the costing parameters and target customer profile of the brand strategy
· Ensure company objectives are met by helping create product that can drive sales and profitability in our organization.
· Develop strong partnerships with key business partners to ensure alignment (e.g., Merchandising, Technical Design).
· Attend all fittings to ensure consistent fit and quality for our customer.
· Support and participate in the onboarding process of new associates.
· Nurtures talent from within and provides appropriate coaching, feedback, and support to foster improved performance and individual growth.
· Continuously seeks new ways of understanding the business and develops self and direct report to better prepare for the next level.
· Foster a team environment in which information flows freely and decision making is based on a win-win philosophy; work towards desired outcomes by leveraging resources to achieve common organizational goals.
· Present line to merchants at Design Presentations and Buying Meetings.
· Create designs based on merchant’s line plan and incorporate feedback for finalization.
· Review the line plan with the merchants and agree on overall direction and content of the line for a season.
· Assist in the development of the complete concept for the season and adapt it appropriately to the individual merchandise areas to which he or she is assigned.
· 7-10 years of experience, preferably in plus size.
· Team player.
· Excellent design and sketching skills; Strong fashion and creative senses; keen trend awareness.
· Proficient in Adobe illustrator and PDM.
· Strong English language skills, both written and verbal.
· Strong presentation skills and an ability to work well within a team-based environment.
Bachelor’s Degree in Design.